Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cairney

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
It's Blackburn. It certainly doesn't have to make any sense. Anyone know anything about him? What sort of player is he? Attributes?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Would be a very good addition. For those of you who don't know much about him, he's a very creative left footed attacking midfielder. Can play as the creative link up 'number 10' or out wide on either side. Very intelligent player, pacey and a good deliverer of the ball. One of the most under-rated players in the championship IMO.

He'd be an excellent replacement for Orlandi, very like-for-like

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Would be a very good addition. For those of you who don't know much about him, he's a very creative left footed attacking midfielder. Can play as the creative link up 'number 10' or out wide on either side. Very intelligent player, pacey and a good deliverer of the ball. One of the most under-rated players in the championship IMO.

He'd be an excellent replacement for Orlandi, very like-for-like

Let's hope so. Thanks for the run down.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Liked what I saw of him when he first broke through at Hull, tidy looking centre-mid. Haven't really seen much of him since but was obviously a regular for Blackburn last season. Certainly an interesting one, though as mentioned above it'd be odd for Rovers to be getting shot so soon after signing. Not as if they've changed managers or anything either (surprisingly).

Seems he won their Player of the Year last season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAgcMqnLufY

Last edited:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
All I know is that on Football Manager 2011 or 12 he was dubbed the new Paul Gascoigne, which could mean one of two things...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Another one that we have very little chance of getting anything other than a straight rejection so hopefully there is nothing in this to begin with.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Liked what I saw of him when he first broke through at Hull, tidy looking centre-mid. Haven't really seen much of him since but was obviously a regular for Blackburn last season. Certainly an interesting one, though as mentioned above it'd be odd for Rovers to be getting shot so soon after signing. Not as if they've changed managers or anything either (surprisingly).

Seems he won their Player of the Year last season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAgcMqnLufY

Crikey, whoever made that video for Rovers Player is VERY fond of him aren't they?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There's no way we could afford his wages unfortunately.

And you know this how?

Not saying its a goer or anything but is our wage budget and maximum wage public knowledge?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
And you know this how?

Not saying its a goer or anything but is our wage budget and maximum wage public knowledge?

Blackburn have a lot of players on high wages and I've heard (so hopefully not true but I have no reason to doubt it) that our budget for this season is extremely limited.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've heard (so hopefully not true but I have no reason to doubt it) that our budget for this season is extremely limited.

Looking at our lack of transfer activity I'm thinking there is something in this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
- OfficialBHAFC doesn't currently follow Tom Cairney. The last new account it followed was nearly a month ago.

I've heard (so hopefully not true but I have no reason to doubt it) that our budget for this season is extremely limited.

- TB said about a week or so ago that we are putting together a "competitive squad" ...to "target the top six..and the Premier League"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_lP1pbMGE and he said this to the Argus a week or so ago. "We will have a very healthy budget [for 2014/15]

- He said this in full
“Similar to the last three seasons we have had in the Championship we believe we will have a competitive and good squad.
“Our aim is to reach the Premier League. To do that you need to finish in the top six. You can have good luck or bad luck with injuries and certain situations.
“We will not put any pressure to say if it is not top six it is no good. I am confident Sami will get the best out of the players and if all goes well we will have a realistic chance of finishing the top six and a realistic chance of getting promoted every season we are in the Championship. That is our goal.
This season ten clubs have parachute payments. Financially you cannot compete with them. Last season it was eight. That doesn’t mean in player salary terms we are below them, we were above at least one of them last year.
We will have a very healthy budget again this season. We will get the very best we can from whatever budget there is.”

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/112..._another_competitive_squad_to_target_top_six/

We had a playing budget of £22m in 2012/13 and indications was that it increased in 2013/14. It was £7m in the last year in the Amex and £14m in 2011/12.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Actually here's a screengrab of Tom Cairney which it looked like officialbhafc followed briefly. They don't now.

[tweet]488065295811379200[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here