Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocking clashes at Orange Order parades

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But to be fair, not many people could carry off a bowler hat accessorised with a tangerine sash.

Attachments

• _76221559_cenataphbelfast.jpg
    _76221559_cenataphbelfast.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,118

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You wouldn't have thought that a black clergyman would have had a lot to do with a bigoted group like the Orange order. Nowt as queer as folk they say.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
today is one of those days when nothing on NSC is very nice
royal family
orange order
***** the lot of them
I really do not think they know just how silly they look
the cause of most wars royalty and religion

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A disputed war zone between 2 tribes, 400 years old, gives rise to entrenched view, murderers and what might be termed 'bigots' on both sides. Easy to slag off these people, but we've not lived with the carnage of bombs, shootings, kneecapings, threats and bullies.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
but we've not lived with the carnage of bombs, shootings, kneecapings, threats and bullies.

Grand Hotel, Hyde Park, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Guildford, Birmingham made for one very convincing conspiracy.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Grand Hotel, Hyde Park, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Guildford, Birmingham made for one very convincing conspiracy.

Which bodies did you personally see, which mates of yours disappeared presumed murdered, where did you see body parts from bombs stuck up trees? Not been to Ulster myself, but have mates from their on both sides, as well have known Army who have served there. A totally different experience and life to watching the BBC News about bombings on the mainland or driving past the Grand Hotel to see a few floors collapsed after the 1984 bombing.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Which bodies did you personally see, which mates of yours disappeared presumed murdered, where did you see body parts from bombs stuck up trees? Not been to Ulster myself, but have mates from their on both sides, as well have known Army who have served there. A totally different experience and life to watching the BBC News about bombings on the mainland or driving past the Grand Hotel to see a few floors collapsed after the 1984 bombing.
Hey, I ain't claiming to be the font of all knowledge on all things Ulster (scrub that, Northern Ireland), I am just surprised that a black clergyman is seen to be 'siding' with one side of the sectarian divide. Many church 'ministers' do show a less than neutral stance, but that is usually borne from a historic perspective. I don't see too many black people being caught up in the Irish issue 400 years ago.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Can't the Scots take Ulster with them if they leave the Union? Surely we're not going to be left with that bigoted little shit hole?

(And if you're from Northern Ireland and don't agree with my view don't bother replying as I don't give a shit)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Can't the Scots take Ulster with them if they leave the Union? Surely we're not going to be left with that bigoted little shit hole?

(And if you're from Northern Ireland and don't agree with my view don't bother replying as I don't give a shit)

And the Angles and Saxons can sod off back to Germany too? Who'll be left!?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Apparently the quietest 12th Night in many years; UUP and Orange Order seem to have realised that there's a cyclic effect - the more violence the less parades get allowed the next year. It'll take a few years to reset though.

There's a fair bit of deliberate antagonistic routing/timing of songs being performed en-route but beyond that the parades should be entirely harmless and let go ahead - they'll get bored eventually!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here