Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Family granted new right of secrecy

Bothered by this. Not in the slightest. Why everything the royal family do should be in the public domain I have no idea.

You should be bothered by this.

I am very much a Royalist myself, but the timing of this is worrying.

If they have nothing to hide, why hide.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I've read the cost of the royal family is 53p per person in the uk per year. A bargain if you think of they money they generate through tourism. Plus the good causes they promote.
I'm struggling to understand what prince William is doing next Tuesday or if prince Charles is lobbying parliament should be in the public domain. As future king I don't have a problem with that.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I've read the cost of the royal family is 53p per person in the uk per year. A bargain if you think of they money they generate through tourism. Plus the good causes they promote.
I'm struggling to understand what prince William is doing next Tuesday or if prince Charles is lobbying parliament should be in the public domain. As future king I don't have a problem with that.

I'm not prince Charles by the way. :0)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I'd rather the '53p' per person was spent on cutting NHS waiting times. If the monarchy was abolished tomorrow the tourists would still come!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

point by point; surely with their multi millions they could work out how to raise a very agreeable income, its still to much for idlers. they are nominal leaders with a poor work ethic setting a bad example! the french tourist industry is just fine. pls inform me of the good causes? we pay for our government and our royals, so it has to be in our interest to know what goes on. lots of people do have concerns because of the secrecy.

one thing i've always wondered, why does charly wear a little naval outfit? i thought he got drummed out of the paras

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I've read the cost of the royal family is 53p per person in the uk per year. A bargain if you think of they money they generate through tourism.

It's just them generating it, is it? People don't come to the UK to see other things like the buildings, or the countryside or all manner of other attractions?

This "look at the tourism they generate" argument is a load of old bollox. If the royal family was disbanded tomorrow we'd still have tourism, we'd still have visitors and they'd still spend money. How many tourists actually see the royal family? Probably a tiny fraction of a percentage.

Ditch the royals, or make them fund themselves via 'meet and greets' - then we can say that they're generating money. Otherwise I'm not convinced in the slightest. Far-kem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here