Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

please help , any window fitters out there ,i have dispute with council

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
over a year ago our whole area had new windows fitted by the council , but i noticed straight away that the new windows gave off a chill or draft ( the old ones did not ) without boring anyone there has been a dispute with the council since then ...they have sent round there experts blah blah who are adimant the windows are fitted correctly , now they may seem to be fitted correctly but there is defiantly a draft given off from every single window in the house but the council will not have none of it even after other people agree with me that there is a chill/draft , we have complained and even gone to the government housing ombudsman but to know avail just get door slammed in face ! these new windows have trickle vents but the chill / draft is to strong to come from there , its like say if you stood in front of a small block of ice you would feel the chill coming from it and makes the whole house cold ? its the middle of summer and we have to put the heating on at about 5.30 pm and close the curtains to patio doors in the living room to try and cut the chill down .....is there any window guys out there that could advise me what the problem may be or where to look for a solution ??? i would desperately appreciate any wisdom on this ....up the Albion :(

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Smoke puffers draft detectors,use, film, gather evidence,perhaps the air vents are letting in more draft than you would imagine?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've got trickle vents, and they are going to get filled with expanding foam very soon. Can you put tape over one, to test the difference?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Windows 9 DOS 5

Shit deal.

I rented my property off the Council and I really liked the windows. They were replaced and I got charged extra rent and I hate the new windows.

Wicked Landlord. they all are!

I wish I had never moved from the property I owned. Twist of fate.

Subsidence, but I will be dead before it is fixed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here