Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booking fees,getting ridiculous.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have just bought two tickets for a concert at Wembley. The tickets were £40 each and there was a booking fee of £10 a ticket. What's going on? Where will this all end?

Jul 7, 2003
I have just bought two tickets for a concert at Wembley. The tickets were £40 each and there was a booking fee of £10 a ticket. What's going on? Where will this all end?

Do you still have to print your own ticket for that tenner?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you have to ignore it. count it as part of the ticket cost, as a £50 ticket. its a ruse so they can account for the event/venue/booking agent seperatly.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
That is a little bit extreme as a booking fee but I guess they know people will pay it so feel they can charge what they want

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Another example of why our booking fees are not so bad

Mug. The time when booking fees can be justified is when the venue, the act, the promoter and the ticket agency are four separate organisations all needing to make a profit. At Brighton and Hove Albion ONE organisation fulfills all four roles. Our 'booking fees' are nothing of the sort, they're simply an internal cost; the same as the light, heat and staff wages in the club shop. The club charges a 'booking fee' as that way the can legally advertise a ticket as being 'only £25', when in fact it will cost you more than that.

It would be more honest if they called it an 'Admin Charge', or even 'Idiot Tax', but 'booking fee' is a known term, and as has been pointed out; regardless of the justification everyone does it, so why should the club be any different? Maximise income streams, FFP and all that.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's because The Arena has to employ loads of customer service staff to answer hundreds of complaints about the appalling view from all seats not front half on the level

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here