Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U-21s v Japan University Football Association

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The official club twitter account has the U-21 line-up for their pre-season friendly against the Japan University Football Association side at La Manga.

Harry Doherty has presumably joined the club on contract, and is the sub goalkeeper.

There are three trialists in the starting eleven:-

Touray (who I would guess is Ibou Touray, a left-back from Everton's academy who was released in the summer).
Poppoe - ?
George Cole (from Chelsea, previously discussed on here).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The official club twitter account has the U-21 line-up for their pre-season friendly against the Japan University Football Association side at La Manga.

Harry Doherty has presumably joined the club on contract, and is the sub goalkeeper.

There are three trialists in the starting eleven:-

Touray (who I would guess is Ibou Touray, a left-back from Everton's academy who was released in the summer).
Poppoe - ?
George Cole (from Chelsea, previously discussed on here).

http://toffeeweb.com/players/profiles/Touray.php

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
There's a Danny Pappoe, A central defender who was released by Chelsea.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There's a Danny Pappoe, A central defender who was released by Chelsea.

Would make sense seeing the position and the line up. From his wiki page

He made his professional debut as an 86th-minute substitute for Alex Gilbey in a 2–2 draw with Bradford City on 14 September. However, just four minutes after coming on, he was given a red card for a tackle on former Colchester player Mark Yeates

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Am I right that this game kicked off at 6.00?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pappoe

"Pappoe captained the 2010–11 FA Youth Cup side, but missed the end of the campaign through injury, additionally playing nine reserve games, but was sent off against Blackpool after lashing out at an opponent. Pappoe missed the start of the 2011–12 season with injuries, returning in early 2012, only to suffer another serious injury, where he was ruled out for the remainder of the season.

He made his professional debut as an 86th-minute substitute for Alex Gilbey in a 2–2 draw with Bradford City on 14 September. However, just four minutes after coming on, he was given a red card for a tackle on former Colchester player Mark Yeates,[6] becoming the seventh United player to be sent off on their debut.[7] On 31 October 2013, Pappoe's loan at Colchester was terminated due to his opportunities being limited"

Is this really the kind of player we want at our club? Majorly injury-prone with some obvious attitude problems.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pappoe

"Pappoe captained the 2010–11 FA Youth Cup side, but missed the end of the campaign through injury, additionally playing nine reserve games, but was sent off against Blackpool after lashing out at an opponent. Pappoe missed the start of the 2011–12 season with injuries, returning in early 2012, only to suffer another serious injury, where he was ruled out for the remainder of the season.

He made his professional debut as an 86th-minute substitute for Alex Gilbey in a 2–2 draw with Bradford City on 14 September. However, just four minutes after coming on, he was given a red card for a tackle on former Colchester player Mark Yeates,[6] becoming the seventh United player to be sent off on their debut.[7] On 31 October 2013, Pappoe's loan at Colchester was terminated due to his opportunities being limited"

Is this really the kind of player we want at our club? Majorly injury-prone with some obvious attitude problems.

I guess you would turn down Suarez on a free.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 3m
U21: HT: Goalless at the break. Japan had better of first 45 but Albion grew as game went on. #BHAFC 0 #JPN

Is it Nip and Tuck

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I guess you would turn down Suarez on a free.

Because Suarez and some Chelsea youth reject are comparable. Nice one. You'll have to remind me of when Suarez was injured for three whole seasons and got sent off with 2 minutes to go after being on the pitch for 4 minutes on his pro debut.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Two questions. How do they asses the level at which opposition is picked from? Obviously it's better if the opposition slightly stretches the Under 21's.
Is it slightly worrying that a Japanese University team can easily put three goals past an English Championship Under 21 Squad?
I'm not complaining, just curious.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Two questions. How do they asses the level at which opposition is picked from? Obviously it's better if the opposition slightly stretches the Under 21's.
Is it slightly worrying that a Japanese University team can easily put three goals past an English Championship Under 21 Squad?

It's the Japanese national U21 team I thought?

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

Two of the goals scored after 6 subs being replaced by under 18 players taken to make up numbers for DS players taken in the first team squad.

Where did it say that it was an U 21 University squad. Seagulls website says Japan under 21s. Just asking not trying to make excuses for loss

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here