Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late Holiday Deals

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
How late would people leave it to book a late deal? We've got 10 days booked off at the end of this month and fancy going away somewhere.

We don't really care where, and have just three criteria: hot (Spain, Greece, Turkey etc), self catering, pool in the complex. Mrs P reckons we could leave it until 1 or 2 days before we want to go, but I'm not convinced.

Anyone had any great deals leaving it as late as that, and if so, where from?

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Went away in May half term for 4 nights £300pp all inclusive with flights to Fuerteventura with a company called on the beach.
This after being told by high street shops we wouldn't get a flight for under £400.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'd be very interested in hearing what option you go for, and how it goes.
I'm in the same situation, but for August.
Mrs wants to get something booked up at least 2-3 weeks before we go.
I want to book it a day or two before.
I even joked we should just turn up at Gatwick and find the cheapest flight to a sunny location.
Then go search the web whilst waiting for the flight and find a hotel for that location.
Fun, fun, fun! Or "madness" as far as the Mrs is concerned.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
First choice/Thomson have never failed me, I normally book about 1-2 weeks in advance & got an all inclusive holiday in turkey 4* 10 days for £247PP+a few fees(inc flights & transfers), it depends if you get lucky really it's a gamble, but I've had some great bargains doing things late.

Also, if you can... Booking hotels & flights separately can save massive amounts

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
We just did the same thing with a group called Holiday Gems - booked three days before departure and went to Fuertaventura - got a holiday that was priced up 2 grand more with Thomson but they can pick bits of everyone else's package holidays and combine it into something much cheaper.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We just did the same thing with a group called Holiday Gems - booked three days before departure and went to Fuertaventura - got a holiday that was priced up 2 grand more with Thomson but they can pick bits of everyone else's package holidays and combine it into something much cheaper.

Cheers [MENTION=227]Eastleigh Seagull[/MENTION]

Liking the look of some of the deals on their website. We're planning on going in about 2 weeks time, so will keep an eye on that one. :thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've done it a couple of times. Go into Thomas Cook the day before and get them to look on their system. The holiday companies have already paid for the flights and the hotel rooms so to get some money for a holiday is better than none at all.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Did Egypt a few years ago 10 days at a 5* Hilton (sharks bay hotel) all inclusive for under £400 (IIRC).

Fantastic holiday and people staying there had spend over a grand for the same holiday

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How late would people leave it to book a late deal? We've got 10 days booked off at the end of this month and fancy going away somewhere.

We don't really care where, and have just three criteria: hot (Spain, Greece, Turkey etc), self catering, pool in the complex. Mrs P reckons we could leave it until 1 or 2 days before we want to go, but I'm not convinced.

Anyone had any great deals leaving it as late as that, and if so, where from?

Try this site

http://www.holidaypirates.com/?user_country=gb&user_language=en-us&type=2

Jan 30, 2008
ah........ the good old AI holidays :rolleyes: WRECKING THE ECONOMY IN the Greek islands for starters , WHO WANTS A SCHOOL DINNER REGIME ON HOLIDAY ???
regards
DR

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's a bit of a gamble really - the myth of £99 late deals doesn't really happen any more, but there are deals.

Be careful of booking too late, some companies will charge you late fees for various things on top of their online price!

I have my own travel business - feel free to pm me or give me a shout - www.justtravel4u.co.uk

Currently I can get you out to Rhodes for 7nts in bog standard self catering for £159ppn or AI for £423ppn on the 19th July......amongst other destinations.

Also don't forget, your encroaching on school holiday prices at the end of July.

Have you paid [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for this blatant free advertising?

Rhetorical question I know, but this is shameless.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'd be very interested in hearing what option you go for, and how it goes.
I'm in the same situation, but for August.
Mrs wants to get something booked up at least 2-3 weeks before we go.
I want to book it a day or two before.
I even joked we should just turn up at Gatwick and find the cheapest flight to a sunny location.
Then go search the web whilst waiting for the flight and find a hotel for that location.
Fun, fun, fun! Or "madness" as far as the Mrs is concerned.

I understand this is quite a common statergy, get to the airport and search late deals leaving within a few hours.
Not sure I would want to leave it that late but guess you must be able to find something going that day

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I'm in Lanzarote, Puerto Del Carmen at the moment, booked 8 days before we left with Thomson, got a deal in a one bedroom apartment 3star plus, self catering, inc flights and transfers, eleven nights, whole lot for £560 for the two of us, due back next week and had a fabulous time.
Always book late, usually between two dats and three weeks and had some great deals over the years.
And believe it or not, teletext online do some great deals still

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Also don't forget, your encroaching on school holiday prices at the end of July.[/QUOTE]

Also don't forget you are encroaching on a site that cost's money to run, if you want to advertise then contact the owner (Bozza) failing that, STOP the free advertising.

Oh and I have deleted all your past posts!

Jan 30, 2008
First choice/Thomson have never failed me, I normally book about 1-2 weeks in advance & got an all inclusive holiday in turkey 4* 10 days for £247PP+a few fees(inc flights & transfers), it depends if you get lucky really it's a gamble, but I've had some great bargains doing things late.

Also, if you can... Booking hotels & flights separately can save massive amounts
YOU PROBABLY NEED TO GET IN EARLY TO GET THE CHEAP DEALS ON FLIGHTS , great if you've got time to sit at your computer looking for them ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here