Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia Video - Fills me with confidence for the future

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/la...e/0/name/hyypia-reflects-on-first-day-of-tour

It's not just the man himself, although he comes over very very well - measured and intelligent, and seems to knows his stuff. It's the other stuff that he discusses with [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] that also makes me realize just how well run this club is - the quality of the training / physio teams - the precision of the way we're preparing for the season, and (as also mentioned in the Andrew Crofts video) the clear respect that the players have for Sami and the growing team spirit across not just the playing staff, but within the entire club. Great to see that Paul Barber and Burke are beavering away to secure the players we need.

Plus of course the superb training facilities, that will help keep the current players fit, recover more quickly and develop future stars.

It feels good to me. Seagulls!!

:albion2::albion2::bhasign:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I like the fact that 'running' seems big on the agenda....Solly mentioned the amount of 'running' as well...a bit Micky Adamesque, but a squad that will run for 100 mins cant be a bad thing.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I like the fact that 'running' seems big on the agenda....Solly mentioned the amount of 'running' as well...a bit Micky Adamesque, but a squad that will run for 100 mins cant be a bad thing.

I guess the difference is that now they do the running as part of a planned fitness / nutrition / hydration regime, plus they monitor everything with the heart monitors they wear all the time (well, at least whilst training) so it's far more scientific. Can only be a good thing.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/la...e/0/name/hyypia-reflects-on-first-day-of-tour

It's not just the man himself, although he comes over very very well - measured and intelligent, and seems to knows his stuff. It's the other stuff that he discusses with [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] that also makes me realize just how well run this club is - the quality of the training / physio teams - the precision of the way we're preparing for the season, and (as also mentioned in the Andrew Crofts video) the clear respect that the players have for Sami and the growing team spirit across not just the playing staff, but within the entire club. Great to see that Paul Barber and Burke are beavering away to secure the players we need.

Plus of course the superb training facilities, that will help keep the current players fit, recover more quickly and develop future stars.

It feels good to me. Seagulls!!

:albion2::albion2::bhasign:

....I know this has been asked before but what is Seagulls Player like now? Worth £40 a year or whatever it is?

Had it before and got rid as I thought it was all a bit amateurism, that was pre amex days though. Is it better now?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
....I know this has been asked before but what is Seagulls Player like now? Worth £40 a year or whatever it is?

Had it before and got rid as I thought it was all a bit amateurism, that was pre amex days though. Is it better now?

Yes, it's pretty good now - lots of additional content, with interviews etc. The extended match highlights are worth it (unless we lose) as well, even though the quality is less than HD.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

to offer an alternative view. It still is pretty amateurish for this day and age. Video quality is awful and can be a pain to get running smoothly.

If I wasn't abroad I would bin it at the drop of a hat. Or if we get to the prem and I can stream matches. I don't mind paying 40 quid a year for a good service, but it's shit.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Gotta love NSC! :thumbsup:

Hope that helped [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION]

:lolol:

Just to point out, I did say 'in this day and age'. It really is poor when you compare it with other websites. BUT, it's all about the Albion so in that sense it is good.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Lots of things it could do better, but £40 a year is bearable.

Off match stuff (La Manga, training ground etc.) is decent quality video but the quality for match highlights are pretty mediocre.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gotta love NSC! :thumbsup:
It's probably in between those opinions. On match day it can be awful, hence the complaints from PB to whomever runs it. It's good for checking a bit of news though - I like seeing all the interviews, and I don't need the quality to be high for that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I guess the difference is that now they do the running as part of a planned fitness / nutrition / hydration regime, plus they monitor everything with the heart monitors they wear all the time (well, at least whilst training) so it's far more scientific. Can only be a good thing.

Especially if Kemy's exerting himself in training!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
:lolol:

Just to point out, I did say 'in this day and age'. It really is poor when you compare it with other websites. BUT, it's all about the Albion so in that sense it is good.

Oh, I wasn't criticising either you or Papa Lazarou in any way - just having a laugh!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's probably in between those opinions. On match day it can be awful, hence the complaints from PB to whomever runs it. It's good for checking a bit of news though - I like seeing all the interviews, and I don't need the quality to be high for that.

For the very little that it's worth, my opinion is pretty much: this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I liked the Hyypia interview, especially him smiling at the end when he said he was looking forward to hearing some good news from Burke and Barber.

Can't help but feel optimistic for the season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jimmy Case (Manager) used to shrug his shoulders as well. Liverpool fans say he is shy and that could be the explanation?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you think he'll do more than a year, or will he think he's hit the ceiling in 12 months time when he gets his budget for the following year and decide to walk away?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

What about extra time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here