Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with....

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Ulloa and CMS sold, 5 mil in the bank and Zamora and Murray starting up top against Sheffield Wednesday on the opening day of the season ?

No. I prefer to remember Zamora, and to a lesser extent, Murray for the good times. Coming back doen't usually work out, only if you are Gary Hart!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Zamora would not fulfill initial expectations. He is now going over the top as a player and anyway is going to stay at QPR for his last big pay year. Lets remember him for what he did more than a decade ago.
Murray is fresher in the memory and will not be universally welcomed. Good player, who can lead the line. Good in the air ( particularly defensively ) so decent replacement, if Ulloa went. Spends about the same time on the floor as Ulloa, so no change there! Personally, I'd have him back but others may think differently.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
CMS and Leo sold for £5 mil. I would be pretty pee'd off regardless of who we signed

I think you will find he means both CMS and Ulloa both sold and replaced with Murray and Zamora and 5 mill in the bank . Well that's how i read it

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
CMS and Leo sold for £5 mil. I would be pretty pee'd off regardless of who we signed

Think your missing the point...

Both sold, Murray and Zamora bought in and 5 million still left in the bank.

Would you be happy ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I am guessing the OP meant that the £5m was profit, the remaining transfer funds having been spent on Zamora salary & Murray transfer fee/salary?

Edit: already answered.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The issue here would be injuries as Zamora is frequently on the sidelines and wonder how much Murray's knee injury has impacted his game as never the same after that. If Murray was fit would take him back as I think he offers the same threat as ulloa but for me was far better at linking play and bringing others into the game

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ulloa and CMS sold, 5 mil in the bank and Zamora and Murray starting up top against Sheffield Wednesday on the opening day of the season ?

No - not particularly.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here