Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN saying £6m bid for Ulloa today. Havent we already turned down £7m?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I've said it before. I would be truly amazed if we had really turned down a bid of £7m for Ulloa, stunned in fact. Whatever you may read or hear.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suspect, as I always do with these things, that the rumoured 7m offer would have been 7m if all the add ons are paid, but the basic is much lower.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I guess Sami has been planning for life without Leo since he joined the club. I think it's inevitable that he won't be here at the close of the transfer window with all this Premier League talk turning his head.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To be honest a player can sign for Leicester for say £2m, but with another £1m if they stay up and another £1m if they finish Top 10 and another £1m if they get into Europe and another £1m if they win the bloody Champions League. Now depending on who you are and what your motives are you've either got a £2m deal (CEO) or a £6m deal (Agent and new club).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I guess Sami has been planning for life without Leo since he joined the club. I think it's inevitable that he won't be here at the close of the transfer window with all this Premier League talk turning his head.

Which is why the club probably has its eyes on signing 1-2 more strikers. :flypig:

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Demand £7.5 or £6 and Chris wood. 6 on its own just isn't appealing enough but to actually get a replacement in the deal and 6 to bolster the other wholes in our team the deal would be a great opportunity.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What makes you think he'll want high wages? He is, as you say, old and injury prone. Zamora on a free to keep fans sweet, then another striker, Baldock perhaps. Reinvest half the fee, keep the other half

I would be rather dissappointed in the club if they get him in to satisfy some fans. We can do much better for strikers. Doesn't mean it wouldn't happen though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here