Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofty looking good in pre-Season Spanish Training

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Seagulls world has a cracking pitcutre of him in full training with the title 'Andrew Crofts turns away from danger'.

Great to see him back and raring to go.

TNBA

TTF

Agreed and it will be great to see a reliable old face this season. Some new faces, of course, would also be good too.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
picture of crofty be great to see him back on the pitch it would be like having a new signing crofts229-1737149_478x359.jpg

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Crofty was our best player last season. Would have got player of the season had he not got that injury.

Really great to see him back.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I thought he was out for first month of the season.

So he should be back for the first game ?

Great news

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Great to have him back in the squad agreed.

But starting ahead of Toko, Ince, Stephens, JFC, and a new signing yet to arrive.....I just dont see it.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Yep. And also my favourite type of player, a midfielder who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and score just when you need it.

I'll agree he has come up with a couple of vital goals, but over the last two seasons I can't remember coming away from a game at the Amex and thinking he'd grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. I think his value is more away from home.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'll agree he has come up with a couple of vital goals, but over the last two seasons I can't remember coming away from a game at the Amex and thinking he'd grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. I think his value is more away from home.

Agreed but I meant that I generally like that type of player. Crofty returned then got injured if he is fit and settled back in the club then I believe he has the potential to be just that type of player home or away and consistantly.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed but I meant that I generally like that type of player. Crofty returned then got injured if he is fit and settled back in the club then I believe he has the potential to be just that type of player home or away and consistantly.

If only he could control and pass a ball..

Ince and JFC have to be properly thrown in this season, along with Toko, Stephens and the new signings.

Unless we have injury problems I can see Mr Crofts getting a lot of bench time.

Hes great back up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Re: Dale Stephens . He tweeted this a week ago.

[tweet]484827005490565120[/tweet]

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

But starting ahead of Toko, Ince, Stephens, JFC, and a new signing yet to arrive.....I just dont see it.

Really??? I think Crofts is one of the first names on the teamsheet and as good as anyone in the division at what he does. I also think he would be a far more effective captain than Greer and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was named as Sammi's captain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really??? I think Crofts is one of the first names on the teamsheet and as good as anyone in the division at what he does. I also think he would be a far more effective captain than Greer and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was named as Sammi's captain.

Yep. All that.

Crofts is a machine, and we missed him badly when he got injured last season.

He'll be ahead of the young lads, and is a different player to Stephens. Toko I've never seen play so :shrug:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

If Crofts is fit for the start of the season then I don't see why we need to spend money on another midfielder. The money would be better added to money spent on a quality striker especially if Ulloa goes which is likely. In my opinion we have enough quality in midfield and Crofts if on top of his game would start most games. After his injury last season we had no-one arriving late in the box to score goals. This year, playing a higher line under Hyypia those sort of openings should appear more. Crofts will be a valuable player if this is the case.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If only he could control and pass a ball..

Ince and JFC have to be properly thrown in this season, along with Toko, Stephens and the new signings.

Unless we have injury problems I can see Mr Crofts getting a lot of bench time.

Hes great back up.
He will be an automatic starter....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here