Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of the biggest questions in Football will be answered Sunday

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
A "Team" vs 1 player albeit backed up by not a bad side as well. We have seen it work in this world cup - Brazil almost proved the theory with Neymar playing and then out, and also fail with Portugal.

Cannot wait for this one come on Lionelllllllllll

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have a sneaky feeling the Argies will win. Going on to be the most average world champions ever

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Germany have peaked with the Brazil win. Argentina will win it, I guarantee it.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Whatever you're talking about it will be answered ON Sunday. Take your Americanisms and insert them into your rectum.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
another question to be answered
will a real golden generation pick up the prize?
3 defeats in previous 3 semi finals
world and European championships
now a chance for a great team to land the big one

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The Germans will do a job on Messi. It won't be easy and isn't fashionable these days but expect someone to be detailed to man mark him. In key games they have always done it. In 1966, Beckenbauer was furious when Helmut Schoen made him man mark Bobby Charlton ( not realising that Alf Ramsey had detailed Charlton to take Beckenbauer out the game, which caused equal displeasure ) With the best players nullified, it was then a question of how good were the others to step up to the mark.
In 1986, Maradona was almost unstoppable but the Germans tracked him for 90 minutes and at least stopped him scoring. He was so good then, however, that even though he had man markers, he was able in a split second to set up the winning goal for Burrachaga.
I believe the Germans have a better all round team than Argentina although both are well drilled and organised. The key to the game is Messi and can they nullify him. Like 1986 and Maradona ( who was better than Messi in his prime ) a moment's genius can change things. Germany haven't got that brilliance. What they have got is supreme self-confidence and tremendous organisation.
Neither of these sides are as brittle as Brazil so it promises to be a tight game. I just hope it isn't 120 minutes of stalemate, stinking the place out and relying on a penalty shoot-out. I'm going Germany by the odd goal...1-0 or 2-1.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As Itv said the 3rd final between the two ,NO it isnt the last two were v West Germany gets my goat.

Correct...it drives me mad as well. As West Germany ( totally different country ) they won 3 World Cups...1954 / 1974 / 1990.
As Germany...no World Cup wins....and this would be the first final v Argentina.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It'll be the first time in a while that England fans won't want either team to win. Germany to win the Final.

Apart from those that have bet one of em?Germans will find a defence for a change, did Holland have a shot last night, destiny for Argentina to win in the Maracana

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It'll be the first time in a while that England fans won't want either team to win. Germany to win the Final.
Why? I'm an England fan and consider Germany a European partner more than a rival. And on the pitch, they are no rivals of ours - it's probably a stretch to say that England v Germany is the international equivalent of Orient v West Ham, but it's probably not far off Fulham v Chelsea.

I have a sneaky feeling the Argies will win. Going on to be the most average world champions ever
This, sadly.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bit harsh on the Argies to say a 1 man side.... defensively have been very good and yet to concede in the knock out phase.

I am sure however that Germany will score...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IF Germany do win, it will be historic. For the simple reason it will be the first time a European team has won the World Cup in the Americas!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here