Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peed off with SKY

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Been with SKY for 14 years nonstop and have the old SKY+ BOX which doesn't have HD or catch up tv so I rang them up because they are giving out the SKY+HD boxes as standard to new customers .
But because I am a loyal customer and want an upgrade saying they want £259 yer right
So much for looking after your loyal customers I think I will leave

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Been with SKY for 14 years nonstop and have the old SKY+ BOX which doesn't have HD or catch up tv so I rang them up because they are giving out the SKY+HD boxes as standard to new customers .
But because I am a loyal customer and want an upgrade saying they want £259 yer right
So much for looking after your loyal customers I think I will leave

Or you could go on eBay. Buy a chipped/decoded box for about £100 and get every channel for pennies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it the norm with just about all big companies now? Entice the new customer with deals not available to the long term customer and piss the long term customer off? Customer Relations is a fecking joke these days. Having customers who have to threaten to leave to get what they should get as loyal customers is a pretty crap way of promoting your company.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Phone them back. Cut all your package down to the basic package. They will ask why. Say you are saving up for a HD box! If you get the right staff member, you will get a free one or very hefty discount. It really is pot luck with that rip off company.

Coincidentally I'm leaving SKY after 10+years tomorrow. :D

My multiroom box wore out a few months and they replaced it if I paid for a £40 call out servicing charge. Seems like they do make it up as they go along

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I said I was leaving to go to Virgin because my equipment was old, same as OP. Ended up with 2 new free HD boxes with HD subs free. Love the catchup, no adverts to FF thru'.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I cut down to the basic package and within a week received loads of special deal offers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've had a few boxes go skoolally on me over the years, and they've ALWAYS done the "£65 callout charge" line whenever I phone them. But as soon as I mention the C word (err, cancel), I'm always put on hold while they "speak to their supervisor", or I'm transferred to a retentions department. Shortly after its always "we can see you're a good customer, so on this occasion..." blah blah. Ridiculous charade you always have to go through.

I'm not bluffing though. If that box goes up the chute and they insist on charging me to have someone come out and put it right, I'm outta there.

Incidentally - does ANYONE actually pay out on that insurance for the Sky Box they're always trying to flog ? £8 a month innit ? You've got to be a prize prawn to take that out.

Dec 29, 2011
Tell them you're leaving, they'll do anything to make you stay. This applies to all companies and phone/mobile companies too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here