Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 8 years?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
An 8 year sentence for a man who has killed his 5 week old daughter. Out in 4.
May just be me but seems a joke of a sentence. Is this really justice?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's not a joke. It's manslaughter. He lost it (under significant aggrevating circumstances that the argus didn't report) and suddenly his daughter was dead. 4 years jail, daughter dead, and forever labelled a baby killer. A joke? No.
(IMO)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tragic and depressing.

Yep. I'm not condoning what he did, but anyone who has ever looked after babies can see how this might happen with certain types of people in certain circumstances. For that reason, I'd happily accept that a court that heard all the evidence was able to arrive at a sensible verdict and punishment.

However, attempting to covering it up is far less excusable.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No defence killing a defenceless baby.

Hopefully justice will be served by the criminals he will meet inside.

Human waste like this should be at least made medically incapable of fathering any more children.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
He shook and killed his own baby ffs. Not sure if there is any justification for him to ever walk the streets freely again, never mind eight years or four.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Yep. I'm not condoning what he did, but anyone who has ever looked after babies can see how this might happen with certain types of people in certain circumstances. For that reason, I'd happily accept that a court that heard all the evidence was able to arrive at a sensible verdict and punishment.

However, attempting to covering it up is far less excusable.

Bullshit.......shake the **** to death

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This.
Killing the infant can be excusable in certain circumstances, but later lies not. :facepalm:

Killing a baby (except perhaps as a mercy killing but that's not we're discussing) is NEVER excusable. They are completely helpless little people, utterly reliant on thier parents/carers for everything and this "man" (I use the term biologically) has abandoned his responsibility because he was stuck on a video game. A VIDEO GAME for goodness sake.
I understand structured sentencing, indeed I have to do it myself, and I have faith in the judge that passed the sentence and his reasoning but I really struggle to find very much mitigation when someone commits such a horrible crime but sometimes there simply isn't, IMO, any sentence that's really suitable.
I remember my lad used to make an awful fuss when he was a few weeks old (turns out the Mrs was running dry in the evenings and the poor little bugger was hungry) and many nights I've driven round Eastbourne with him crying in the back and me listening to Heavy metal, in the hope that he'd nod off. Never, ever did it even begin to cross my mind to shake him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here