Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7-1 Why the hell can't England do that?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Why oh Why can't England do that - Similar League set ups in both countries I don't believe individually Germany's players are that much better than ours. Surely give it a few years to pull together and maybe England could get it right.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why oh Why can't England do that - Similar League set ups in both countries I don't believe individually Germany's players are that much better than ours. Surely give it a few years to pull together and maybe England could get it right.

I've said it before but it's all down to playing with freedom and good decision making, we play like robots and are coached in exactly what to do and how to do it. Again, I'm not advocating the abolition of coaching, but let players play, it's what they do..... All this bollards about tippy tappy posession football, formations etc, it's hogwash

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've read some bollocks on here in my time, but that could just about take the biscuit

Indeed. Utterly laughable.

Man for man, EVERY single one of the German XI is significantly better than their England counterpart.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've said it before but it's all down to playing with freedom and good decision making, we play like robots and are coached in exactly what to do and how to do it. Again, I'm not advocating the abolition of coaching, but let players play, it's what they do.....

That's nonsense.

The German performance last night was staggeringly well organised. that doesn't happen by accident - by telling them to just 'go out and play'.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I've said it before but it's all down to playing with freedom and good decision making, we play like robots and are coached in exactly what to do and how to do it. Again, I'm not advocating the abolition of coaching, but let players play, it's what they do..... All this bollards about tippy tappy posession football, formations etc, it's hogwash

Freedom, lack of formations - yeah, I think that is the way to go. Worked well for Brazil last night

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Indeed. Utterly laughable.

Man for man, EVERY single one of the German XI is significantly better than their England counterpart.

I was thinking of debating this with you, initially, but with the exception of Rooney (and even that is clutching at straws), you are right.

There is a significant difference.

Even if we'd played Ashley Cole, Lahm is better these days.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I don't believe individually Germany's players are that much better than ours.

Would you rather...

Neuer or Hart?
Lahm or Johnson?
Hummels or Cahill?
Mertesacker or Jagielka?
Boateng or Baines?
Schweinsteiger or Gerrard?
Khedira or Henderson?
Kroos or Lallana?
Schürrle or Sterling?
Özil or Welbeck?
Müller or Rooney?
Klose or Sturridge?

Germanys players ARE much better than ours.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's nonsense.

The German performance last night was staggeringly well organised. that doesn't happen by accident - by telling them to just 'go out and play'.

Spot on. Brazil played with NO plan whatsoever, whereas Germany were very cold, clinical, and stuck to a plan.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I was thinking of debating this with you, initially, but with the exception of Rooney (and even that is clutching at straws), you are right.

There is a significant difference.

Even if we'd played Ashley Cole, Lahm is better these days.

Cole over Howedes perhaps. If Germany wanted to play actual full backs. And at a push Joe Hart might make it as a third choice goalkeeper

Lahm would be the best left back in the English squad, the best right back in the English squad and the best holding midfielder in the English squad. That says it all

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Germany have had a better team than us since 1970. They're far superior in all aspect. I dread drawing them tbh, a quality side who delight in tearing us to pieces,

albionite

May 20, 2009

Isn't that what the Germans were doing last night? Looked to me that they were pretty good at doing one touch football pass and move. Normal German team nothing flair just efficient.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cole over Howedes perhaps. And at a push Joe Hart might make it as a third choice goalkeeper

Lahm would be the best left back in the English squad, the best right back in the English squad and the best holding midfielder in the English squad. That says it all

Joe Hart is very average. Ben Foster looks more capable internationally.

But yes agree with everything you've put.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Which English players do you think would get into the Germany squad?

Certainly none into their first choice 11.

On a similar subject, and in response to the media ****-fest over Brazil during the past couple of weeks: I don't think that there was a single Brazil player in their team last night that I'd pick over England's first choice 11. They are that poor right now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
a4051682-217-DOUBLE-FACEPALM-600x480.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here