Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora to Millwall???

BigGaz318

Jul 9, 2012
Sky Sports report that Zamora is in talks with Millwall over a possible move. Surely Burke has thrown his hat into the ring also about bringing the messiah back to the Amex for his last hoorah!!! It would be a crime if he didn't.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It was in all the papers the other day that Redknapp had offered him a stay of execution at QPR !!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Injury prone striker who admits he only plays football for the money? No thanks

I assume you do your job for love rather than money then ?

Zamora won't be coming back regardless - his wages would be far too high.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I assume you do your job for love rather than money then ?

Zamora won't be coming back regardless - his wages would be far too high.

That wasn't a criticism. If I was a footballer, I'd go to whoever paid me the most without a doubt.

Point is, people seem to be under the illusion he will come back here because he loves the club. He won't. He will go to whoever can offer him the most and as one of the few clubs taking FFP seriously that almost certainly won't be us.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That wasn't a criticism. If I was a footballer, I'd go to whoever paid me the most without a doubt.

Point is, people seem to be under the illusion he will come back here because he loves the club. He won't. He will go to whoever can offer him the most and as one of the few clubs taking FFP seriously that almost certainly won't be us.

I never believe rhe "love" bit anyway, didn't he profess the same affection for West Ham when he was there. I doubt there's any loyalty there apart from some good memories presumably.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe he is not on Sami's wish list. Is it just supporters who want him back for sentimental reasons, while the powers that be have worked out that it just doesn't stack up?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I never believe rhe "love" bit anyway, didn't he profess the same affection for West Ham when he was there. I doubt there's any loyalty there apart from some good memories presumably.

Wasn't he always a West Ham fan so of course he'd say that about West Ham. He probably loves the Albion too because it's the club that launched his career and is held in such high regard.

I don't get the loyalty bit though, if 2 clubs offered the same deal and we were one, is past here would make us more likely, but if we were offering half what he was offered elsewhere, why should loyalty mean he should pick us over the other club?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Maybe he is not on Sami's wish list. Is it just supporters who want him back for sentimental reasons, while the powers that be have worked out that it just doesn't stack up?

It's partly for sentimental reasons I don't want him to come back. He'll never live up to expectation and will tarnish his first spell here

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's partly for sentimental reasons I don't want him to come back. He'll never live up to expectation and will tarnish his first spell here

Is the right answer. He just won't be fit and those that are begging for him to come back would be the first to get on his back.

If we had to have him, it would have to be on a Pay per Play basis and BZ wouldn't entertain that (and I wouldn't blame him).

Just out of interest where are Millwall getting the spons to pay him?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
All these negative comments about a player who single handedly came off the bench and gift wrapped promotion for QPR who looked dead and buried in the play off game.

Getting Zamora back would be a blessing IMO.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

"Never go back"

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Always amazes me how people manage to come up with so many differeny views on Zamora's motives. He's been very clear.
1) He is and always was a West Ham fan
2) He loved his time at Brighton and would love to play for us again if teh circumstances were right.

The only difference is that the club has moved on considerably and as well as the obvious wage issues, that love to play for us again might not be the same. To me its blindingly obvious he could do a job at the top pf the Championship still and I'd rather it was for us but if it doesn't happen I won't lose sleep. Also, the "never go back" argument is a lazy one in my view. It often doesn't work but it's not a given. I'm pretty sure Jose Mourinho will prove that in May next year.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Incorrect.
I've had at least 10 conversations with the great man, you're inaccurately guessing for some reason

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He used to attend some of the games at Withdean when he was playing for Spurs, W.Ham and Fulham. Nobody made him. He has a lot of genuine affection for Brighton.

He lives in East London so Milwall would be a good choice if he can't get a prem gig.

I am ambivalent with regard to him returning. Part of me would love it, part of me wants to remember him as the brilliant striker he was in the early Withdean years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here