Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Nederlands (& sort of Official Thread)!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Come on Holland all European World Cup Final with Holland beating Germany on Penalties on Sunday.
Who are you supporting!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As I got Argentina in the sweepstake then it has to be them for me really. I also really want Messi to get a WC win to his name, so those that claim he's not that good without one can finally be quiet.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I want Holland to win, because I want Brazil to play Argentina. All it'll need is one rash tackle and the game will degenerate into a fight

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hupp Holland indeed, it would be fabulous to see an all European final in a tournament that looked like it was going to be dominated by the Americas after the group stage.

But to be honest, I just don't see a significant weakness in this German team. They are top class throughout the squad yet have no real superstars.

As I got Argentina in the sweepstake then it has to be them for me really. I also really want Messi to get a WC win to his name, so those that claim he's not that good without one can finally be quiet.
I'd agree with those senitiments if Messi wasn't such a complete tosser. On the pitch, he rivals CR7 and Neymar. Off it, he's a known wànker, unlike the other 2.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
On the pitch, he rivals CR7 and Neymar.

Every time I see him written as CR7 it reminds me of makes of cars, 525i, SRi etc...

And in this World Cup, CR7 was more of an Austin Allegro or Reliant Robin.

Stumpy Tim

The two outstanding performances of this World Cup:

Germany 7 -1 Brazil
Netherlands 5 - 1 Spain

Germany v Netherlands would be the fitting final.

Having said that, I had a fiver on the Argies so wouldn't mind seeing them win it in Brazil

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Germany 7 -1 Brazil
Netherlands 5 - 1 Spain

Having said that, I had a fiver on the Argies so wouldn't mind seeing them win it in Brazil

This.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Germany 7 -1 Brazil
Netherlands 5 - 1 Spain

Germany 4 Portugal 0 was none too shabby either.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Germany and Holland are the only two teams who have looked any good on a consistant basis, if that isn't the final it'll ruin the tournament.

I'm fully expecting a Holland win tonight because Argentina have been bang average, they're also a dirty cynical team and messi is a knobhead.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Argentina. Can't stand that diving cheat Robben.

This. Rather see an on-form Messi providing some balance to the cutting runs of the Germans, than Robben being "victimised" by invisible snipers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
True. They probably won't get away with playing themselves in the final though

Recent history would suggest all they need is a thick brown envelope and they can get anything they desire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here