Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club website/Seagulls Player/News

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
My subscription to Player due to be renewed 1st August. Wonder why they haven't been in touch about it?

Amazingly, AmEx will not do nicely for them...!

"Pay by credit or debit card (sorry, AMEX is not accepted)"

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
seagulls.co.uk may not be the best design, but it DOES give free news items. The "Seagulls player" videos are easily identified by the "Play" arrow in the middle of the picture - those are extras above and beyond the free news. There are normally free (text-based) transcripts on the site, even though they may take a little while to go up. So, in that regard, if you don't want to pay extra for the videos or the online match commentary, then you should still have access to all you could expect, so it's rather unfair to say that it doesn't give the free news you should expect.

Personally, I've subscribed to Seagulls Player for a few years, but only because I've managed to get special-offer reduced price subscriptions. Given the poor quality, I wouldn't want to pay full price. But now the YouTube channel is up and running, and better-quality highlights are available on the Sky Sports website (although admittedly not the extended highlights), I'm not intending to bother with Seagulls Player any more even if they knock the price right down to silly money. In this day and age, I feel we would be entitled to complain about the quality of this service even if it were free.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
A lot of other clubs give 90 minute replays of matches, along with highlight packages. Free PDF's of match programmes (post game) loads more content. All for the same price. Seagulls Player compared to those is poor.

2014 and we are still getting low quality video!

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Seagulls Player is and has always been a shocking service. They recently conned me by signing me up twice to the same email address and when I requested my money back they ignored my emails. Nice.

As for the website, barely ever visit it. It's just not user friendly, I'll go to NSC and The Argus for Albion news instead.

Unless they're paying us lots of money, which I doubt, Barber should leave this contract as soon as it ends.

It's a free website/service provided by the footbal league to all football league clubs. The clubs receives some share of the revenues generates. The major caveat is you HAVE TO use this service. If you don't want to there is a (so I understand) large buy out clause. Wouldn't suprise me if this is 6 figures.
There are also items in the contract around the data so you can't just set up a "rival" website with the same content.

Clubs that have "opted out" are mostly prem clubs that have calculated buy out + new website costs < revenue

With website technology improving, costs lowering and greater demand for online services it's only a matter of time before it becomes financially viable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here