Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club website/Seagulls Player/News

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Any organisation/club/band etc should always be thinking about attracting new fans etc. This is a pretty basic requirement as without new supporters etc, any club etc will eventually see its fanbase reduce in size.

Fans or potential fans of BHAFC often log onto the club website for news etc about what is happening at the club.

Yet many of the news items that sound quite interesting, when you click the link, it takes you to Seagulls Player and if you don't subscribe (ie most people) then that's all you get - a message telling you how to subscribe.

Am I alone in thinking that in this day and age where it's so easy and cheap to get info out on websites or social media, that BHAFC (or is it all Championship clubs?) are missing out here in the seemingly never ending pursuit of getting people to sign up for seagulls player.

The vast majority of fans would just like to visit the club website and be free to read, watch news related items about the club.

I don't think it encourages new fans either.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Any organisation/club/band etc should always be thinking about attracting new fans etc. This is a pretty basic requirement as without new supporters etc, any club etc will eventually see its fanbase reduce in size.

Fans or potential fans of BHAFC often log onto the club website for news etc about what is happening at the club.

Yet many of the news items that sound quite interesting, when you click the link, it takes you to Seagulls Player and if you don't subscribe (ie most people) then that's all you get - a message telling you how to subscribe.

Am I alone in thinking that in this day and age where it's so easy and cheap to get info out on websites or social media, that BHAFC (or is it all Championship clubs?) are missing out here in the seemingly never ending pursuit of getting people to sign up for seagulls player.

The vast majority of fans would just like to visit the club website and be free to read, watch news related items about the club.

I agree its a shame we tied into unfriendly web site the talent the club has in its fan base we could have developed a terrific site tailored made for the seagulls.!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's all Football League clubs not just Championship clubs, although I believe Leeds did opt out of the deal.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Beyond anything ticket related I haven't used the club website for a very long time as anything of any note will be on here within minutes...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Judging by Paul Barber's tone whenever he mentions Perform. He's not happy at all with the contract we're in. I'm 100% sure that the second we can get away from the contract we're tied into, the club will produce a much much better solution in house.

Roll on that day....

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Judging by Paul Barber's tone whenever he mentions Perform. He's not happy at all with the contract we're in. I'm 100% sure that the second we can get away from the contract we're tied into, the club will produce a much much better solution in house.

Roll on that day....

Yes! Roll on that day indeed!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I was making exactly the same comment a couple of days back. TB gave an interview to Seagulls Player, about one minute was made available via YouTube, if you wanted to see the rest you had to pay for it. The rest included the interesting stuff including TB's thoughts on Southampton and Sammy Lee.

In my business I am always looking for a genuinely interesting snippet of info or news to put out to my customers, I wonder how they will react if I start asking them to pay for it?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I was making exactly the same comment a couple of days back. TB gave an interview to Seagulls Player, about one minute was made available via YouTube, if you wanted to see the rest you had to pay for it. The rest included the interesting stuff including TB's thoughts on Southampton and Sammy Lee.

In my business I am always looking for a genuinely interesting snippet of info or news to put out to my customers, I wonder how they will react if I start asking them to pay for it?
If they're your customers then I assume they are already paying for something?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The website is simply terrible and I avoid it like the plague. A horrendous piece of design that completely bypasses the crucial element of user experience.

Also agree with the comments about seagulls player and would be interesting to know how many subscribers or revenue is generated from operating under this model. My guess would be this would be dwarfed by the potential revenue from a well functioning, engaging and frequently visited website

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If they're your customers then I assume they are already paying for something?

I think any season ticket holder, as the club like to call us now are customers and I think player should be free to any clubs STH.
I cant think of any other instance where a paying customer is charged for information about club/company/organisation they are contributing too.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The updates are shocking on it to

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's all Football League clubs not just Championship clubs, although I believe Leeds did opt out of the deal.

Didn't so much as opt out, as Ken Bates told them to stuff it. Likewise the BBC comentary, he actually set up his own radio station (Radio Yorkshire) and broadcast his own commentary for a while. I think the FL have now brought it back into line regards the radio, not so the website. There are one or two other teams that do their own thing, but I see that QPR, who used to do their own thing, have now reverted to the shocking FLi standard site system.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, it seems that we, like a lot of other clubs, were more or less steam-rollered into a contract with a crap provider - sooner we can end the contract the better - perhaps then the club will set up its own....it's not a HUGELY expensive thing to do, after all. I can understand having to subscribe to watch videos and listen to commentaries, but you should be able to read news items for free.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I prefer NSC for finding out news about the club but sometimes I don't know what's shit and what's the truth but it's more intresting!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes, but if you have a season tkt with the southern trains it doesn't entitle you to a free drink - so why would you expect any extra from BHAFC?

But I tend to get ticket information, timetable changes, plans of intended upgrades and engineering works and other information to enhance my customer experience with the railway companies...............OK maybe not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here