Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Club website/Seagulls Player/News

4 Not allowed!
    Any organisation/club/band etc should always be thinking about attracting new fans etc. This is a pretty basic requirement as without new supporters etc, any club etc will eventually see its fanbase reduce in size.

Fans or potential fans of BHAFC often log onto the club website for news etc about what is happening at the club.

Yet many of the news items that sound quite interesting, when you click the link, it takes you to Seagulls Player and if you don't subscribe (ie most people) then that's all you get - a message telling you how to subscribe.

Am I alone in thinking that in this day and age where it's so easy and cheap to get info out on websites or social media, that BHAFC (or is it all Championship clubs?) are missing out here in the seemingly never ending pursuit of getting people to sign up for seagulls player.

The vast majority of fans would just like to visit the club website and be free to read, watch news related items about the club.

I don't think it encourages new fans either.
    This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Withdean and I View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Any organisation/club/band etc should always be thinking about attracting new fans etc. This is a pretty basic requirement as without new supporters etc, any club etc will eventually see its fanbase reduce in size.

Fans or potential fans of BHAFC often log onto the club website for news etc about what is happening at the club.

Yet many of the news items that sound quite interesting, when you click the link, it takes you to Seagulls Player and if you don't subscribe (ie most people) then that's all you get - a message telling you how to subscribe.

Am I alone in thinking that in this day and age where it's so easy and cheap to get info out on websites or social media, that BHAFC (or is it all Championship clubs?) are missing out here in the seemingly never ending pursuit of getting people to sign up for seagulls player.

The vast majority of fans would just like to visit the club website and be free to read, watch news related items about the club.

I agree its a shame we tied into unfriendly web site the talent the club has in its fan base we could have developed a terrific site tailored made for the seagulls.!
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

0 Not allowed!
      It's all Football League clubs not just Championship clubs, although I believe Leeds did opt out of the deal.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi

0 Not allowed!
      Beyond anything ticket related I haven't used the club website for a very long time as anything of any note will be on here within minutes...
      The 'Oulon One'

4 Not allowed!
      Judging by Paul Barber's tone whenever he mentions Perform. He's not happy at all with the contract we're in. I'm 100% sure that the second we can get away from the contract we're tied into, the club will produce a much much better solution in house.

Roll on that day....

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      Judging by Paul Barber's tone whenever he mentions Perform. He's not happy at all with the contract we're in. I'm 100% sure that the second we can get away from the contract we're tied into, the club will produce a much much better solution in house.

Roll on that day....
      Yes! Roll on that day indeed!
      This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Withdean and I View Post

I was making exactly the same comment a couple of days back. TB gave an interview to Seagulls Player, about one minute was made available via YouTube, if you wanted to see the rest you had to pay for it. The rest included the interesting stuff including TB's thoughts on Southampton and Sammy Lee.

In my business I am always looking for a genuinely interesting snippet of info or news to put out to my customers, I wonder how they will react if I start asking them to pay for it?
      Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      I was making exactly the same comment a couple of days back. TB gave an interview to Seagulls Player, about one minute was made available via YouTube, if you wanted to see the rest you had to pay for it. The rest included the interesting stuff including TB's thoughts on Southampton and Sammy Lee.

In my business I am always looking for a genuinely interesting snippet of info or news to put out to my customers, I wonder how they will react if I start asking them to pay for it?
      If they're your customers then I assume they are already paying for something?

1 Not allowed!
      The website is simply terrible and I avoid it like the plague. A horrendous piece of design that completely bypasses the crucial element of user experience.

Also agree with the comments about seagulls player and would be interesting to know how many subscribers or revenue is generated from operating under this model. My guess would be this would be dwarfed by the potential revenue from a well functioning, engaging and frequently visited website
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Likely to change soon anyway, well the player element.

Lots of clubs are moving towards a subscribed service on you tube.