Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Championship Winner Betting Odds

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We are best price 22/1 (joint 12th favs) to win w/ SportingBet.
If this market reflected the final table then we'd FINNISH 12th or 13th in the BOTTOM half :eek:
We are as short as 12/1 w/ the magic sign.
Fair assessment, value or ricket ???

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
With the current squad I can't see us finishing top half. I think the odds are short due to our finish last season. It's alright to say we are going to sign a load of players and have a better squad but so are those around us. We have little defence and no keeper. It would take a very brave punter with massively rose tinted glasses to be tempted to back us this season how things currently stand. With a couple of signings maybe things will change but way too risky at the moment.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Right now, seems about right I think. Expect that to shorten a little as and when the signings come through. Other teams are doing a few things and there are some very good squads in the league. Skybet have us at 16/1 but only 5/1 for promotion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There is no chance of us finishing in the top half of the table with our current squad. I expect Bournemouth and Brentford to finish higher than us this season.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Not too many deals have been done and there is much media hype about player interests. The odds are about right based on past performance and who has the money. However football is a team game and the odds will change significantly once the season starts.

I have no doubt we will get a new keeper and central defender. If they are experienced I am not too fussed when they arrive as long as it is before the first game.

I am hopeful we will be as Sami was as a player, solid. He is a better communicator than both Gus and Oscar and hopefully we can become a more 'together unit' than we have been in the latter days of Gus and when Oscar was in charge.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
There is no chance of us finishing in the top half of the table with our current squad. I expect Bournemouth and Brentford to finish higher than us this season.

I would be happy to just finish above the relegation places.
This is the fourth time the Albion have played four consecutive seasons in the top two tier's of English football. Div 2 58/59 - 61/62 Div 1 79/80 - 82/83 Div 2 83/84 - 86/87.
We have been relegated each time in the fourth season, come on Albion it is time to break this stat.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yea, cause the bookies got it right when Palarse went up didn't they? What were they? Favourites for relegation? Look how that turned out.....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We are best price 22/1 (joint 12th favs) to win w/ SportingBet.
If this market reflected the final table then we'd FINNISH 12th or 13th in the BOTTOM half :eek:
We are as short as 12/1 w/ the magic sign.
Fair assessment, value or ricket ???

12/1 with Ladbrokes has us finishing 6th. So either 22/1 is a value price (no better than 18/1 elsewhere), or the bookies have no real idea how we will do. I suggest both have an element of truth.

To the gloomer who thinks we will finish below Brentford, I will gladly take your money.

PG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here