Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil vs Germany = "Passion" vs "Having a brain"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely this is the most damning indictment that passion alone gets you absolutely NOWHERE? Brazil have (by a long way) shown the most passion at this tournament.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once again I have to ask:-

Why does English football see itself in direct competition with Germany?

We're not, bar one 90 minutes of little consequence, on the same planet as Germany and never ever have been.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
This is the first decent team they've played in the tournament and quite rightly they've been found out,never looked good from the first game.

D

Deleted member 22389

Brazil have always relyed on individual players. Where is the Brain.
Have Brazil done any homework on Germany at all.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

We're not, bar one 90 minutes of little consequence, on the same planet as Germany and never ever have been.

When you say never have been, up until 1967, they had never beaten us.

D

Deleted member 22389

The only team the Germans hate to play is the Italians.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you say never have been, up until 1967, they had never beaten us.
I'm 44 never for me is still a long time.

Anyway that's probably akin to the spurious Hungary Wembley defeat 'fact'.
No we'd never been beaten at Wembley until then, but England had only played about 6 games prior, to that match.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The German mentality prior really to the 1970 world cup win against us in Mexico was, why can't we be more like England. How times have changed, I think we have only beaten them twice in competitive games since then

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
This is the first decent team they've played in the tournament and quite rightly they've been found out,never looked good from the first game.

Totally agree, and I have got fed up with everyone - including the media - telling me that Brazil were the team. I have thought all along, and said it to anyone who cared to ask, that I thought Germany would win it - the whole tournament, that is.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
N48EcWB.gif

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, i think other than the shocking defending, this was the reason Brazil lost so badly. other than a 10 minute spell in the second half they didnt go forward with any purpose, it was 5-6 blokes charging forward with no tactical awarness. and it was evident in earlier games, they lost the ball so cheaply so often through out the tournement because they didnt have any actual game plan other than charge (and pass it to Neymar). today only Bernard and Willain seemed to attempt to hold the ball, play others in or put a cross in a player. Germany didnt just surge forward, they did so with effectiveness, if someone wasnt avaiable to play in, they switched the ball to the other wing, passed it back, etc.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
And they had a manager on the sideline that likes to show his passion all the time and rant and rave

How could it go so wrong? :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Totally agree, and I have got fed up with everyone - including the media - telling me that Brazil were the team. I have thought all along, and said it to anyone who cared to ask, that I thought Germany would win it - the whole tournament, that is.

This. Brazil have looked ropey for years and will need to take a serious look at themselves if they're to bounce back from this.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
All my vcash went on the dreaded Hun to win against some team of no hopers from the Dark Continent (Am I allowed to say Dark Continent, or will Dark Continent get me banned ?). So. as I had Braz(s)il in a sweep I quite obviously wanted a home win tonight, and have sent a brown envelope to FIFA on the grounds that it is an alleged disreputable organisation, so I expect to see the result overturned later tonight so that Dahveed Lewish can get to the final.

Glenfidich is okay if you've finished the Talisker.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No we'd never been beaten at Wembley until then, but England had only played about 6 games prior to that match.

Bearing in mind that England's home matches in the home internationals were mostly played at Wembley from 1923 onwards, six is looking like a very inaccurate number.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here