Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why call the police

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
True story. ....got burgled twice in the same week by the same scrote, the police found my stuff in his flat and he gets a conditional discharge. ...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
True story. ....got burgled twice in the same week by the same scrote, the police found my stuff in his flat and he gets a conditional discharge. ...

Put a bear trap right where he broke in... Actually you'd be the one that gets done! .. Unless you bury him in your garden...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Parents had a break in a few years ago. Despite the police officer who came around immediately saying they knew who had done it, and returning the stolen items, there was "not enough evidence" to convict said person.

That said it is an issue wi the current law/ ability to convict and not the police, who were fantastic. I am sure they are more than frustrated that these people do not get locked away.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Im in the process of moving at the moment and as I know that he lives nearby I'll wait until I move and then reveal name and I think his profession

Is his profession not a criminal then??

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Got burgled a few years back got the bloke on CCTV and found some of our possessions in his flat. Nobody from the police came around for a day as they were busy at that school they had the terrorism investigation at. 2 years later the police contacted me to say it had finally got to court and the bloke got a suspended sentence.

Never had trust in justice in this country and people underestimate the lasting impact of burglary

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I have recently retired from the police after 25 yrs service. The police hate burglars and I can promise you that officers are just as frustrated when a convicted burglar receives a lenient sentence (especially a known repeat offender). What should be made clear is that the police gather the evidence, the Crown Prosecution Service decide whether to charge based on that evidence and the courts then determine the sentence if a conviction is achieved. The police deal with the victims face to face and so quite understandably are often the brunt of victims frustrations. The impact of a burglary upon a victim is massive and should never be under estimated. I speak as a victim of a domestic burglary myself and I know the impact it had on me and my family and that was whilst as a serving officer. The police could and should do more to communicate clearly with victims on a personal level - there is always room for improvement in this area, however, on the whole the police do a good job under very difficult circumstances. I always tried my best and put the victims first as did the vast majority of my colleagues.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I was mugged at knife-point about 12 years ago and they forced me to reveal my PIN. The police took my clothes away for evidence. Bank refunded the money, cops never gave my clothes back. Who really mugged me? Scrotes never got caught.

Friend of mine had her car jumped on and damaged outside the police station. There was CCTV from the nightclub. Pigs said it would take too long to go through, even though my friend could give them a two hour window. Sussex Police are a waste of time and money.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have recently retired from the police after 25 yrs service. The police hate burglars and I can promise you that officers are just as frustrated when a convicted burglar receives a lenient sentence (especially a known repeat offender). What should be made clear is that the police gather the evidence, the Crown Prosecution Service decide whether to charge based on that evidence and the courts then determine the sentence if a conviction is achieved. The police deal with the victims face to face and so quite understandably are often the brunt of victims frustrations. The impact of a burglary upon a victim is massive and should never be under estimated. I speak as a victim of a domestic burglary myself and I know the impact it had on me and my family and that was whilst as a serving officer. The police could and should do more to communicate clearly with victims on a personal level - there is always room for improvement in this area, however, on the whole the police do a good job under very difficult circumstances. I always tried my best and put the victims first as did the vast majority of my colleagues.

No one should blame the Police for this - they are battling the system also.

I remember Police telling me before that the 'holy grail' is catching a burglar in the victim's home. Quite rare, due to the low probability of catching them in that moment, but much loved - can then throw the book at them, with none of the 'handling stolen goods' compromise.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here