• No

Votes: 43 87.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just seen the Scottish uniform for the Common Wealth Games so I thought I would do a simple poll for NSC's thoughts.

Scotts.jpg

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Just seen on tv the designer being interviewed , she was wearing a colourful top hat and she calls the uniform artistic :facepalm: Dear me I am sure there are enough decent , on the level clothes designers available ?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As Andy Townsend would say....

'Not for me Clive'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this particular Commonwealth Games going to be the most underwhelming sporting event ever? I'd almost forgotten it was coming.

Poor old Scotland. They attempt to raise their profile by getting themselves an international sporting event, but within two years of London hosting the Olympic Games, and in a month when we've also had Wimbledon, the football World Cup and the Tour de France in Britain, to massive success.

I'm not sure watching a bunch of 400 metre hurdlers from Tobago, Australia and Fiji is quite going to have the global impact that the Scottish first minister, Mr Toad, hopes it will.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They look like they've turned up to clean the offices.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Is this particular Commonwealth Games going to be the most underwhelming sporting event ever?

Glasgow itself is underwhelming, apart from The Pot Still public house, grey and gloomy. (I love Edinburgh though).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is this particular Commonwealth Games going to be the most underwhelming sporting event ever? I'd almost forgotten it was coming.

Poor old Scotland. They attempt to raise their profile by getting themselves an international sporting event, but within two years of London hosting the Olympic Games, and in a month when we've also had Wimbledon, the football World Cup and the Tour de France in *Britain, to massive success.

I'm not sure watching a bunch of 400 metre hurdlers from Tobago, Australia and Fiji is quite going to have the global impact that the Scottish first minister, Mr Toad, hopes it will.

*Tour de France was in England I believe.

**Oh, and Yorkshire

**remembers Yorkshire folk believe themselves to be in a different world.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkshire first, England second, Phil, you should know that :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought that outfit was some sort of photoshopped internet joke when I first saw it.

Is that actually the official clothing line to be worn by the Scottish team?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Poor old Scotland. They attempt to raise their profile by getting themselves an international sporting event, but within two years of London hosting the Olympic Games, and in a month when we've also had Wimbledon, the football World Cup and the Tour de France in Britain, to massive success.

Spot on, as ever.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm actually looking forward to the Commonwealth Games. Just accept that it is a poor person's Olympics, and enjoy. :thumbsup:

I will probably watch as much of the cycling as I can, the athletics and the rugby sevens.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep, but obviously they are not competing in it.

Well I get that :) I just didn't realise it was for real, I assumed the colours had been mucked around with or it was some old photo from the 1980s.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
That is hideous!!

From the BBC website: "Textile designer Jilli Blackwood said she had been asked to create a ''high impact'' design for Team Scotland"

Its made an impact all right. Looks like something from a Littlewoods catalogue from 1975.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

I'm feeling totally 'meh' about the whole thing. I do wish them well and hope it all passes without a hitch. However:

The one event they were entrusted with during the 2012 Olympics, a ladies football game between North Korea and Columbia, almost caused a diplomatic incident when the SOUTH Korean flag was raised at the start of the game. Dear leader was very cross indeed.

There's probably a battery of nuke nasties pointing towards Hampden Park as I type.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm feeling totally 'meh' about the whole thing. I do wish them well and hope it all passes without a hitch. However:

The one event they were entrusted with during the 2012 Olympics, a ladies football game between North Korea and Columbia, almost caused a diplomatic incident when the SOUTH Korean flag was raised at the start of the game. Dear leader was very cross indeed.

There's probably a battery of nuke nasties pointing towards Hampden Park as I type.

Think something similar happened in Brazil this World Cup, didn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here