Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has gone wrong then?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
When the Amex was being built, and we were at Withdean, the general opinion was that we would have no problem attracting the right players we want because of the new facilities.

Well, now, with a fantastic city to live in, a fantastic stadium and fantastic training facilities, we forgot that they would want fantastic money also!!!

A bit depressing seeing all those that appear to be on our wanted list slipping away. Or, perhaps, I am reading everything wrong.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oh dear

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As far as I can tell, not much is going that wrong. Apart from Birmingham, most Championship clubs have still not done much business at this point.

Call me myopic, but I'll reserve judgement until the season has started.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Depends who you go for. If we are up against league one clubs we will probably win the race 9 times out of 10.

Against champ clubs we mostly lose out due to wages . We all know the reasons here.

We did win a few players when we moved to the amex but we had big momentum behind us.

Even if we offer same wages the facts are a lot of championship clubs are seen as bigger clubs than us so we are against that to .

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It sounds like you would benefit from some cognitive behaviour therapy.

I suggest you:
1) take a look at the players we have actually signed over the last 3 years.

2) write down a list of the players that we managed to attract over the last 20 years.

3) give them a score out of 100 for ability to play in the Championship / International level

Aside for 1 or 2 gems, I recall some pretty dismal unexceptional signings as the norm. I recall going for years without buying anybody. We are now competing to sign the best players around and players will actually consider joining us.

Anyone who truly doesn't think right now is not still the most exciting time to support the Albion needs therapy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't know but I've heard we paid above the then average when playing at Withdean. We are now paying realistic wages. This probably doesn't match expectations considering size of the club, attendances, training facilities and so on. The greed of agents means we are likely to miss out some players.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
£100m stadium
£30m Training facility
Highest average attendence
Lowest crowd variation
Highest number of season ticket holders
"What has gone wrong?"

****ING NOTHING.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions