Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old faces North stand circa 1990ish

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Previously posted by moi a few years back so for those who missed last time .

Attachments

• 402406_10150539879976462_1650513435_n.jpg
    402406_10150539879976462_1650513435_n.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 1,948

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Where's Wally? I can see Billy Connolly.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Looks like [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] in the blue and white stripes in the top left quarter of the pic?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Which part of the North is that? The centre or the right (if viewed from the pitch?). I'm assuming it's the centre as it is quite full - also if it was the right I should be able to see myself. Amazing how few people wore replica kits back then, isn't it.

Which part of the North is that? The centre or the right (if viewed from the pitch?). I'm assuming it's the centre as it is quite full - also if it was the right I should be able to see myself. Amazing how few people wore replica kits back then, isn't it.

Note the lack of people holding up mobiles too.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Looks like [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] in the blue and white stripes in the top left quarter of the pic?

That could well be him. I recognise the bloke to the left of him with the light ginger hair and tash. He's been around for years and pretty sure I see him at The Amex still.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
.......and there are people smoking, of course. My very first memory of the Goldstone in the mid-70s (at an evening game) were the number of little red dots appearing as people inhaled. That and the smell. And of course how green the pitch looked against the running track. Wonderful.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
.......and there are people smoking, of course. My very first memory of the Goldstone in the mid-70s (at an evening game) were the number of little red dots appearing as people inhaled. That and the smell. And of course how green the pitch looked against the running track. Wonderful.

"Goldstone" and "running track" - I think not .....

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

The players used to run along it when warming up, so I'd say running track. It wasn't an eight-lane Olympic sized running track, I'll give you that. It also wasn't oval, so I'll give you that one too. And I don't ever recall seeing a man with a gun shouting on your marks, get set, Go! Though of course there was that Millwall fan with the sawn-off shotgun that time (apparently) maybe he was the 'starter' and he'd got lost and was simply making his way down to the single, redish coloured track/bit that went right round the pitch that I have inadvertently described as a running track.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

The bit round the edge of the pitch was sandy and the team would sometimes run round it. So as we knew no better we called it............The running track. Are you a JCL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here