Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

False Widow in da house

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Loads in my garden and one in the conservatory eating a hornet / wasp.

image.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hate spiders,if i see any i get my missus to get them,she even picks them up with her hands :mad: cuckoo?

Still she hates and i rather like snakes,so if we have a snake in the house i would be ok..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would use my battery powered electric fly swatter on them, very satisfying when you catch them in the sweet spot.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
A woman I work with had a 3ft grass snake in her house a couple of weeks back. :eek:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nope

A school has been closed because of a venomous false widow spider, and experts say they are on the increase. But how much of a threat do they really pose?

Sightings of Steatoda nobilis, the false widow spider, are on the rise. It is being cited as Britain's most venomous spider, and it is spreading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24636116

Shit! looking at the map theres one in Brighton, Seaford and Eastbourne!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A woman I work with had a 3ft grass snake in her house a couple of weeks back. :eek:

Had it been brought in by a False Widow ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
pretty sure i had one of those in the bath the other day :eek:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Shit! looking at the map theres one in Brighton, Seaford and Eastbourne!

Cleared out our nestbox a few weeks ago after Blue Tits had fledged and one came stalking out of there onto the wall. I've got a pic just like the one posted by the OP. Will try and upload when I'm off phone and on laptop. Made me wonder if the spider had anything to do with the three dead chicks in the nestbox.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My trainer got bitten by one.....arm swelled up very badly and needed hospital treatment. They're officially little barstewards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here