Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying the World Cup football

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Want to get my 11 year old nephew the World Cup football for his birthday, but not sure where to get one that's 'genuine'.

Prices seem to range from £15 to £87 at various retailers, with them all describing it as the adidas-made ball of the World Cup. How can that be?! Surely they'd all cost much the same?

I don't want to get him something that's rubbish and loses him street cred, but also don't want to pay £87 in the hope "it's the right one".

Anyone got any tips on what/where to buy?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There are 2 types of ball available, the £15 is authentic as in it's made by Adidas, but is not "match spec", the £87 one is the precise same type ball they use in the matches.

You have the "Brazuca Top Replique Ball" for the lower price and the "Brazuca Official Match Ball" for the higher price. On the Adidas website the prices are £20 & £100 respecively.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
£12 replica at sports direct up north street. They don't have the white one but have different neon coloured ones. The one i got my son is luminous yellow and dark blue

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
There are 2 types of ball available, the £15 is authentic as in it's made by Adidas, but is not "match spec", the £87 one is the precise same type ball they use in the matches.

You have the "Brazuca Top Replique Ball" for the lower price and the "Brazuca Official Match Ball" for the higher price. On the Adidas website the prices are £20 & £100 respecively.

There are 3 at I know of. The top price ball is the special design 5? panel of interlocking figure of 8 type shapes. So is a £20 version that I bought 6 months ago.
However, when I tried to buy another £20 replica a few months ago to give away I could only find a normal 16 hexagon type old school type in a few places, still Adidas but easier to make?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There are 3 at I know of. The top price ball is the special design 5? panel of interlocking figure of 8 type shapes. So is a £20 version that I bought 6 months ago.
However, when I tried to buy another £20 replica a few months ago to give away I could only find a normal 16 hexagon type old school type in a few places, still Adidas but easier to make?

I looked on the Adidas website for the info, you're right, there is the Brazuca 2014 Glider Ball which is the regular hexagon panels, priced on their website at £16, and also a mini ball at £10.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Argos website- Adidas Brazuca Top size 5 football £14.99 reduced from £16.99.

Don't buy the expensive one it will only end up in someone else's garden, my 10 year old son wouldn't know the difference between the cheap one and the £100 ball.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Have to say, it's the best ball since the original Argentina 1978 Tango World Cup ball for me.

Worst ball I can remember is that 'mango' coloured ball from last seasons FA Cup :sick:

D

Deleted member 18477

France 98... The last of a classic design. I loved that ball!

dasuse4a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
whats wrong with using a flattened Coke can ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here