Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's leave aside how poor the grammar, spelling and sub-editing is on that piece and consider the vital bit of information in it which is that he's spent his whole career oop north. When it comes to agreeing personal terms we're going to have to make it worth his while to undergo a significant move. He could probably commute to 'Boro....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cash? That should give us The Edge.

Yeah £1,050,000 should do it.

Seems to settled all over the North to want to come south..

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Maybe Tony has hoarded the pie money and will now not have to pay VAT through this cash deal. Our scaffolders did something similar.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That article is reads like it was written by a 14 year old. A highlight being

He signed to the Terriers for £350,000 in 2012, going straight into the first team. He has played 85 games for the Terriers and has scored 11 goals in his stint at the Terriers.Clayton seems to be high

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I do think he'd be a good signing and we've been continually linked with him so think there could be something in this rumour. That said, not sure that he is significantly better in the box to box type position than we already have like Crofts, Stephens or JFC. I would say we should be looking for a more creative presence in the middle to replace Orlandi - unless Kemy is going to be that this season...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do think he'd be a good signing and we've been continually linked with him so think there could be something in this rumour. That said, not sure that he is significantly better in the box to box type position than we already have like Crofts, Jennings or JFC. I would say we should be looking for a more creative presence in the middle to replace Orlandi - unless Kemy is going to be that this season...

Have I missed something!?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I reckon we still haven't found what we're looking for.

Not so sure we even know what we are looking for...why are we still apparently going for Midfield players,at this rate Sami will have to re register and get his boots back on..

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I do think he'd be a good signing and we've been continually linked with him so think there could be something in this rumour. That said, not sure that he is significantly better in the box to box type position than we already have like Crofts, Stephens or JFC. I would say we should be looking for a more creative presence in the middle to replace Orlandi - unless Kemy is going to be that this season...

Better than Crofts and JFC, and ahead of Stephens on the depth chart I reckon when we looked in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here