Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Common

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone else watch tonights bbc1 drama by Jimmy McGovern....thought provoking about ''Joint Enterprise'' within our legal system...another program i believe during the week hearing from both sides.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Very very good program. Love Jimmy McGovern stuff. The other programs relating to it look very interesting too.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Brilliantly done. Makes you think, doesn't it?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Made my blood boil. These things DO happen.

We should support the Police, the judiciary and the CPS most of the time as they struggle to tread a fine line in pursuit of the truth. We should never be afraid to question them.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I thought it was classic British TV drama, the stuff we used to get on most evenings on all the terrestrial channels, before TV got all but hijacked by reality television.

Right from the outset where the young lad was effectively hoodwinked by the Police and pulled in even deeper to the ludicrous plea bargaining and one of the alleged accused not even standing trial it was gripping stuff.

The end with the sound bites from families of people currently banged up over this specific point of law made it all the more thought provoking.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Really good. Be interesting to see the rest of the shows around joint enterprise this week. Wonder how many google hits that phrase got during the show...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
it was excellent viewing for a fictional drama.

looking forward to the debate on tv tonight with regards to this law and how it resurfaced as a tool primarily to combat gang culture.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Didnt get a chance to watch last night but will try and view via catch up. thanks for the heads up on this. I am a big fan of Jimmy McGoverns other work.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great drama. Really scary that everyone got clobbered for one person's crime. The other kids who got done for GBH (except the driver) were guilty of something.

And yet, something needs to be done to prevent a wall of silence. I ended up concluding it was a worthwhile idea, poorly implemented. The legal equivalent of the privatisation of British Rail as implemented by the Tories in the early 90s.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If you hang around with these type of people you deserve to rot in jail (for 10years) with them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here