Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revell returns

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry if fixtures but not seen another post

He returns within Rotherham on 25 October. He has a good record with them and their fans like him

Why did we let him go?

Because he was deemed to be a Headless Chicken even in the bargain basement Withdean days. Sort of an olden days CMS without the pricetag.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
That's how I remember it but ....

His record for Southend and Rotherham since suggests different

I also saw his girlfriend at the Roots Hall fixture and she was HOT

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's how I remember it but ....

His record for Southend and Rotherham since suggests different

Hmmm, are you quite sure? He's scored twenty four goals in three years at Rotherham, in Leagues One and Two. Thirteen goals in just over a year at Leyton Orient, and a massive four goals in two years at Southend.

I'd say that suggests he's exactly the sort of player we let go.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Hmmm, are you quite sure? He's scored twenty four goals in three years at Rotherham, in Leagues One and Two. Thirteen goals in just over a year at Leyton Orient, and a massive four goals in two years at Southend.

I'd say that suggests he's exactly the sort of player we let go.

All round game and assists also relevant

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We sold him because we needed the money. Any offer for any player in 2008 meant that we sold them. Dean Wilkins was favouring the players who had come through the youth system, so others were sold.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry if fixtures but not seen another post

He returns within Rotherham on 25 October. He has a good record with them and their fans like him

Why did we let him go?
Was talking to some Rotherham fans on Doncaster station after our game there and they didn't rate him at all although I think he had a much better second half of the season

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All round game and assists also relevant

Well of course, but he's paid as a striker, therefore there must be an expectation on him to score goals, and the facts on that front are, quite plainly, that he doesn't score that many. He managed thirteen last season in a very attacking, promotion-winning side. Even Barnes reached twenty at that level, playing as the second striker in a partnership.

That's why we sold Revell, and that's why he's bobbed around the lower leagues ever since, no doubt- to be fair- improving slightly with experience. It's not meant to be a criticism, he was always a trier, and that's why he's tended to be quite popular with fans, who like his wholehearted attitude. I'm happy to be proved wrong here, but I don't see him as a successful Championship striker in a million years, and I'm reasonably confident that he'll have been sold back to a League One club before next season is out.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He gave 100% every time he played for us, which is all you ask for from any player. Lacked a bit of quality in the finishing department, but you always knew what you'd get with him; a chaser of lost causes. I liked him tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here