Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has a certain presence.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yada yada. They ALL start out like that. Let's see who he signs and how they play. Not enough to openly worship a manager just because you've heard of him.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I saw him out and about last night. Very relaxed and seemed happy enough to talk to everyone that approached him, which seemed to be every few minutes.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
One thing is for sure - he has smiled more times in the two interviews I have seen him give than Oscar managed in a whole year. Not sure if this counts for anything at all but is fantastic to have a manager who seems to have a personality - can only benefit the team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One thing is for sure - he has smiled more times in the two interviews I have seen him give than Oscar managed in a whole year. Not sure if this counts for anything at all but is fantastic to have a manager who seems to have a personality - can only benefit the team.

I'm not sure i see smiles as a qualification for football managership....GP had a very 'outgoing' personality but that seemed to rub a few people up the wrong way....and OG not smiling much...hmmm still managed to push us into the play offs didn't he.

Lets hope it all works out on the pitch then we can all smile :)

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I'm not sure i see smiles as a qualification for football managership....GP had a very 'outgoing' personality but that seemed to rub a few people up the wrong way....and OG not smiling much...hmmm still managed to push us into the play offs didn't he.

Lets hope it all works out on the pitch then we can all smile :)

Good point!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Looks like tony Adams a bit - hope a better mgr!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Most successful people in life have a certain ' presence ' Its usually borne out of self-confidence and they have a positivity that some others lack. Hyypia is a big man and that helps. Ron Atkinson was labelled ' big Ron ' but he is not that imposing physically. It is his personality and presence that demands the nickname. Lawrie Mcmenemy ( ? ) is a big man and has a presence when he walks in the room. I've not yet seen Sami in the flesh so I cannot judge him but he always seemed a commanding figure when he played for Liverpool and that ' presence ' should be carried forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here