Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El Ab from the BC forum

Mar 26, 2008
Eastbourne
I have a BC supporting colleague who sent me this from their forum. Nice to hear as I think we are all surprised at his start at BC.

I was kept waiting outside*Wickes*on Wednesday afternoon, looking a lummox standing there with a new garden incinerator, because my lift was grilling our much-discussed and opinion-dividing ex-international central defender, Mr El Abd, not a quarter of a mile away up Winterstoke Road in the*Sainsbury's*car park.
My lift, who has to remain anonymous (because he's been banned from Otib) now takes up the story:
"Exciting news I bring to the fervent Otib community. Adam El Abd is alive and well! There he was, about to load a small shop into the boot of his car, when he was gently interrupted by me. 'Alright, Adam,' I began. 'Alright, mate.' Good start. He offered his hand as I declared my allegiance and did enough to convince him I wasn't a fruitcake. I wished him well for the upcoming season and asked what he had been up to in training earlier. A long run and some ball work, was the reply.
Adam then offered his thoughts on his start here at AG, admitting it had not gone well and saying that he wanted to show people that he could play and was not the player we have seen so far. I nodded and made empathic responses, sufficient for him to offer that he had struggled with moving away from Brighton, having been there, one club, all his career. The impression was given that finding moving to a new club such a struggle had come as some surprise to him. He also went onto say, more than once, 'I'm a family man,' suggesting that being away from them had had a detrimental impact. Adam said that his family were due to move and join him here in September.
Adam thanked me for my kind words, we shook hands again, and returned to loading his boot. I must say, he was approachable, chatty and prepared to admit to his failings here, thus far. Not every player I have met has managed this. Although, not every player has started here quite like Adam! But I got the impression of someone determined to do better and looking forward to having his nearest and dearest with him. He wasn't whining or blaming anyone else.
My Tactical Observations: throughout this short conversation, Adam was on the*half-turn,*and*touch-tight*with both the boot of his car, and his trolley, while keeping me at more than*arm's length, so full marks there. He was focussed* and kept his concentration, not so much guilty of*ball watching,*more a case of*odd-ball*watching. He never took his bloody eyes off me! Good move. This bloke is no mug, let me tell you. Looking tanned, tattoed and trim, Adam could easily have out-paced me, or chinned me, whichever the situation demanded, ready to do the*professional*thing. Kicking me in the shins wouldn't have worked, however, as I happened to be wearing my shinpads on this occasion. The boot of the car was a little jumbled, I could see two City home tops under a pile of other bits and bobs, and he might need to be more*organised at the back*come August, but that would be my only concern. I will file my report to Cotts very soon.
Anyhow, a nice chap, seemed to appreciate the kind words, and I for one am happy to support all players wearing the shirt, regardless. Certainly up until the end of August. Although, there's nothing to say Adam won't bugger off somewhere else or that Cotts might ease him out the door. I don't know. Just saying, he's a bloke like you and me. He'll do better if we can show him some love and encouragement. Sorry if this is too happy-clappy for some, but the opposite just don't work.
Finally, I didn't tell Adam, but with what he bought in*Sainsbury's*this Wednesday, he'll never make proper gravy with that. No chance.
So, there you have it, folks. A first hand account. Adam El Abd, alive and shopping in BS3 this week.
Thank you."*
RHLQ.
[/I]

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I seriously wonder if Adam will ever be a success at City, for the simple and unescapable reason, that he will always bleed blue and white.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
hes earning a fortune down there I heard. Compared to what we used to pay him anyway.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The non replacement of AEA, was one of the biggest mistakes of last season. I don't believe the result would have been any different, but the score most certainly would have been, if when Greer went off at Derby AEA was sitting on the bench ready to come on. But then Greer walking straight back into a winning side, when AEA was performing well was the reason he had to leave. Along with not seeing eye to eye with certain members of staff, on the coaching side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here