Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

White goods repair Shoreham area

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Do we have any repair people on here for fridges and tumble driers in the Shoreham area ? I know one of the NSC brethren works the Newhaven area but that's too far I think.

I'll accept recommendations if we don't have a poster who can help

I can dig out a contact number and name for someone who fixed my dishwasher in 2009, if you are stuck. He did a good job at the time, but I have no idea if he is still around.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
£60 seems to be the minimum call out fee - plus parts - probably time to buy new

Or try the Friday Ad,loads of people willing to sell nearly new,just because they have moved home or re fitted the kitchen,bargains can be had failing that-to the OP what is the nature of the fault please...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps it needs switching of for a day to re set it's self,my frost free was blocking up inside,not freezing or getting cold and leaking a very small amount of water,a good de frost,manually and clean by myself by removing internal covers sorted it,i could then hear the pump working again and it's been all right ever since...over a year now

I did break a small clip in the lower freezer part but super glued it...

Fridge freezers are designed to be on all the time,but the thing had got frozen peas and food blocking drain pipes and had frozen up,thus blocking the vents taking the air to the top half,even the fan could not turn due to ice..

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Spill the beans Dicky. Who makes a 1400 quid fridge these days that breaks down just out of warranty ?

It's a big American style Siemans model. It's not difficult to spend that sort of dosh on those monsters. It should also deliver filtered cold water and ice cubes, but doesn't any more.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Perhaps it needs switching of for a day to re set it's self,my frost free was blocking up inside,not freezing or getting cold and leaking a very small amount of water,a good de frost,manually and clean by myself by removing internal covers sorted it,i could then hear the pump working again and it's been all right ever since...over a year now

I did break a small clip in the lower freezer part but super glued it...

Fridge freezers are designed to be on all the time,but the thing had got frozen peas and food blocking drain pipes and had frozen up,thus blocking the vents taking the air to the top half,even the fan could not turn due to ice..

I've done the defrost thing several times, and it works better after, but after a while it goes back to not working properly. It needs looking at by someone who knows, but it may be an easy problem to fix.

Apr 12, 2011
Spill the beans Dicky. Who makes a 1400 quid fridge these days that breaks down just out of warranty ?
Depending how long it's actually been since purchase, I'd be very tempted to write a strongly worded letter to the manufacturer.

The Sale of Goods Act requires goods to work for a reasonable period of time after purchase. Given the price you paid I would suggest you might not have too much trouble arguing that it should be longer than their stated warranty period.

Finish the letter with something along the lines that you will not hesitate to initiate small claims action should they not resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Often works.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Depending how long it's actually been since purchase, I'd be very tempted to write a strongly worded letter to the manufacturer.

The Sale of Goods Act requires goods to work for a reasonable period of time after purchase. Given the price you paid I would suggest you might not have too much trouble arguing that it should be longer than their stated warranty period.

Finish the letter with something along the lines that you will not hesitate to initiate small claims action should they not resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Often works.

Might be worth a try.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It's a big American style Siemans model. It's not difficult to spend that sort of dosh on those monsters. It should also deliver filtered cold water and ice cubes, but doesn't any more.

I know I have one and so far no problems. It took me a while to work out how to change the water filter and the button controls are not the most intuitive, so it is possible to lock the console inadvertently, result no water or ice. Other than that no problems. What is the space like behind the unit ? Maybe try pulling it out a little and see if it runs any better ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I know I have one and so far no problems. It took me a while to work out how to change the water filter and the button controls are not the most intuitive, so it is possible to lock the console inadvertently, result no water or ice. Other than that no problems. What is the space like behind the unit ? Maybe try pulling it out a little and see if it runs any better ?

It's pretty free-standing, that shouldn't be a problem. As far as I remember, and I have a bad memory, it worked perfectly until the filter needed changing, at which point I was made redundant and balked at the cost of a replacement filter so put the blank in. Once I was working again after a few months, I bought a new filter, put it in and it wasn't the same since. Doesn't deliver water or ice cubes, the freezer frosts up and the temp in the fridge drops to just above room level. I suspect the thermostat of the freezer is kerput, but I'm not technical and more thsn one thing could be wrong.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It's pretty free-standing, that shouldn't be a problem. As far as I remember, and I have a bad memory, it worked perfectly until the filter needed changing, at which point I was made redundant and balked at the cost of a replacement filter so put the blank in. Once I was working again after a few months, I bought a new filter, put it in and it wasn't the same since. Doesn't deliver water or ice cubes, the freezer frosts up and the temp in the fridge drops to just above room level. I suspect the thermostat of the freezer is kerput, but I'm not technical and more thsn one thing could be wrong.

Sounds like it's over icing in the freezer evaporator.
The fridge is warm because the air flow from the freezer is obstructed, probably from a build up of ice.
If you have de-frosted it (needs a good 3 days), there is probably something wrong with the de-frost circuit. (heater, sensors or PCB) or possibly a blocked drain hole, which a de-frost would sort out.
Tumble driers are pretty basic, what is the problem with that?

Shoreham is a bit far out but I'd be more than willing to pop over if you covered my petrol money.
Only problem is, I'm more involved with the actual training and coaching of trainee engineers now and very seldom in Newhaven, let alone Shoreham.
I do know someone in your area, but sadly wouldn't recommend them with any degree of confidence.
I know I'm stuffed for time for the next month at least, but if you get stuck let me know

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oh, and it's probably not making ice or water as the delivery tube is iced up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here