Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Costa Rica fans stabbed , shocking scenes in San Jose

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Disgusting. On a positive note though, this is the first violence I have heard of at the tournament which is a stark contrast to what we were led to believe would happen with the riots before (and to a lesser, publicised anyway, extent during) the World Cup

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Dan Walker on 5 live said it was all kicking off with Uruguay fans one night down the seafront one night also. In his words, "quite scary".

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Disgusting. On a positive note though, this is the first violence I have heard of at the tournament which is a stark contrast to what we were led to believe would happen with the riots before (and to a lesser, publicised anyway, extent during) the World Cup

Think some England fans were battered by a Brazilian gang in a pub. Quite a cowardly attack by all accounts. England fans were attacked by knuckle dusters and Fireworks!!

England fans ended up in hospital. The guilty Brazilians were arrested then... released.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

There has been a bit of trouble(as to be expected) but no where near what the media said there would be..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Think there's been a few bust ups inside grounds so far

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Been a tight lid kept on all the robberies etc, FIFA don't want any bad news coming out. I wonder if they nicked the person who shot at the ITV studio yet ?

Wouldn't of thought so! After the world cup FIFA will leave with every penny of money/profit made and leave Brazil will millions of pounds worth of unusable stadiums

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
According to the locals a lot of protests aren't being mentioned in the media. I'm now in Sao Paulo and have been to 6 games in 4 cities so far. It's been a superb party atmosphere everywhere so far, but I think we've been lucky that Brazil have managed to stay in the tournament. It would have been miserable if they had been knocked out. There almost seems to be a religious-like expectation for Brazil to win it even though they know they aren't the strongest team.
There are thousands of ticketless Argentinians about in Sao Paulo and it could be interesting if they advance to the final. They are likely take over Copacabana mob handed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Been a tight lid kept on all the robberies etc, FIFA don't want any bad news coming out. I wonder if they nicked the person who shot at the ITV studio yet ?

Same as South Africa,its what FIFA do and they do it well,bit unjust to just blame FIFA though,governments and police are in on the one sided tourist dream.I was asked politely in South Africa by the police to not report to the British press the armed robbery at the house i was staying at or the mugging i got at the fan park during my world cup visit.Bunch of corrupt tossers ........still wouldnt put me off going back though......SA is top banana!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here