Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones is our number two again, isn't he?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Noted at Lewes that Jones was on his feet and shouting instructions from the dug out, just like last season.

Sami has hinted that he is in no rush to get in an assistant.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Noted at Lewes that Jones was on his feet and shouting instructions from the dug out, just like last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it ends up, tbh. In addition to what you've said, Sami also gave an indication in his first training interview that he'd been pleasantly surprised by NJ.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Clearly he has been at least getting a move on,having lost out on 2.....

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I never had an issue with him. Will add some continuity into the new season and if Sami seems happy, I'm happy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I was watching the warm up and preparation today there didn't seem to be anything lacking in its fluency and operation. It did make me wonder how urgent, or even necessary, an assistant was.

The anonymous members who so unkindly throw abuse at Nathan Jones are the ones who seem certain of his failing role within the team, but I'm happy to go with the club's judgement.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Same here, I really don't understand the issue that some seem to have with him.

Weasel. Welsh. Yeovil.
Certainly that's enough to damn the man.
This is still NSC, isn't it?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
As part of the set up that took us to the POs last season, I'd be happy to see him in the job.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given the club have made a number of people redundant recently in an attempt to cut costs I fail to understand why we need a first team coach and an assistant manager. Just give NJ the assistant manager role and save the wage money either towards FFP or a new player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More qualified than some names thrown out there - including Calde. I'm hoping he'll get the job as he's clearly good at it.

I agree. I also got the impression from Tony Bloom's interview, and heard from other people, that Jonesy did more with the squad last season, than Oscar.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My thoughts exactly (thread starter) after seeing Nathan up on his feet in the technical area throughout yesterday's game.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Knowing what we have been told about Oscars communication skills, I would think he had more to do with last season than we know. He's got all badges and has lost that teenage haircut, what's not to like?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think there's a fair chance that Nathan Jones will become assistant but I don't think you can take yesterday's game as a sign. Sami doesn't have an assistant at the moment so getting the man who did it last year to take on the role for the match seems logical, doesn't necessarily mean it will be permanent.

Even if he does get the job permanently, we still need another first team coach I would think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here