Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-050714-l229-1719031_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
21:09 5th July 2014
by James Hilsum
We wanted to put into practise things we were working on in training; I saw that today."
Sami Hyypia
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia praised the attitude of his players following today’s comprehensive 5-0 victory over Lewes at the Dripping Pan.Goals from Inigo Calderon, Kazenga LuaLua, Craig Mackail-Smith and a brace from Shamir Fenelon gave Hyypia a winning start in his first game as manager.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “For a first game of pre-season, it was very good and we scored a few goals. It was great to come here locally and to see so many people have an interest in the game.
“We wanted to put into practise things we were working on in training; I saw that today.”
“I was very pleased with the attitude of the squad. It’s not always easy to concentrate and have the right attitude for these games, but we kept the tempo all through the match and that was one of our targets.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

“It was good to see Kaz score from distance and I always say to him that whenever he’s in shooting range, to just go for it. I’m happy to see Macca score as well; he was out a long time through injury and I think he needs time to come back because it’s not easy after such a long absence."A number of under-21 players featured for the Seagulls and Hyypia was impressed with the manner in which they took their chance too impress in the first-team.
The Finn also revealed that he hopes to bring in a number of new additions into the team sooner rather than later, as the squad flies out to Spain next week.
“All the young players did well today. Of course they are eager to show me they are contenders to be in the squad for the future; but we are now looking for additions and will have to work hard to get them in as soon as possible.
“In Spain we will get to know each other better and this trip will give me the opportunity to get to know the players even better. It will be good for the players we have already to be together all day long.
“We have one week of training behind us now and as a manager you always think you can do a bit more.
“It will be a good opportunity to train a bit harder when we go there. In the first week, but you have to be careful you don’t train too much and pick up injuries.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here