Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neymar OUT of the World Cup

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Broken vertebrae. First time I've ever heard of such an injury for a soccerist. Wonder if Zuniga will get out of the country alive...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Probably doesn't want to suffer the same fair as Andres Escobar did.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Don't like the guy but I hope he has a speedy recovery, I don't wish injury on any player. Brazil's chances not looking good now for the semis with both Silva and Neymar out.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Amazing every challenge seems to send him into orbit and he gets up ok ,a little tap in the back injures him.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I was saying during the game that he needs to be subbed off because he was getting hurt every time he got the ball. Referees not giving out enough cards in this World Cup is ruining games and it's now the cause of the most exciting player to watch in this competition getting a very serious injury.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Amazing every challenge seems to send him into orbit and he gets up ok ,a little tap in the back injures him.

in fairness although not the worst challenge in the world it was more than a little tap in the back,he was in bloody agony from the outset.

on the plus side he has helped my top scorer bet immensely

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Colombia out to get Neymar, Brazil out to get James.
Both teams kicking the crap out of each other and taking advantage of a weak referee.
If they want to play like that someone is going to get badly hurt.
Brazil lost that battle but not the war. Awful tackle but no sympathy.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6433596 said:
Why don't you like him? He seems a pretty inoffensive chap to me and is such an explosive player to watch!
One of the worst diving cheats ever to take to the football field. He's a disgrace to the beautiful game.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
One of the worst diving cheats ever to take to the football field. He's a disgrace to the beautiful game.
Do you not think that 'disgrace' might be a little strong? He clearly takes advantage of tackles (cheats) but he's no worse then many of the players out there (Robben?).

Regardless, I hope he makes a speedy recovery, when he's in full flow he really is a joy to watch.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Do you not think that 'disgrace' might be a little strong? He clearly takes advantage of tackles (cheats) but he's no worse then many of the players out there (Robben?).

Regardless, I hope he makes a speedy recovery, when he's in full flow he really is a joy to watch.
Robben is an even worse disgrace in my opinion. I hate diving even when our players do it. But yes, I hope he recovers quickly.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Agree with a couple of posts thus far, 'oh well, sh1t happens' and the ref let all sorts go during the 90 minutes so that it became a little bit of a fouling free-for-all. IMHO they would not have beaten the Germans anyhow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Colombia out to get Neymar, Brazil out to get James.
Both teams kicking the crap out of each other and taking advantage of a weak referee.
If they want to play like that someone is going to get badly hurt.
Brazil lost that battle but not the war. Awful tackle but no sympathy.

About where I am as Brazil players were after James from the KO with very harsh challenges, piss poor refereeing in my view caused this.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Don't like the guy but I hope he has a speedy recovery, I don't wish injury on any player. Brazil's chances not looking good now for the semis with both Silva and Neymar out.

Disagree regarding Brazil's chances. Dante from Bayern Munich is a more than capable replacement for Thiago Silva and Neymar has been peripheral last couple of games. Luis Gustavo's return after a 1 game suspension strengthens the midfield. Either Bernard or Willian will be given the chance to replace a clearly shattered Neymar. (Evidently clear even before the injury)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do think some refs must be as thick as pig shit I really do.
There has no doubt been directives from FIFA sent down to the refs governing bodies to not spray cards out willy nilly but yesterday's game needed a few. The card he finally gave was when James tried to pull out of an incident. Bad referee.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I do think some refs must be as thick as pig shit I really do.
There has no doubt been directives from FIFA sent down to the refs governing bodies to not spray cards out willy nilly but yesterday's game needed a few. The card he finally gave was when James tried to pull out of an incident. Bad referee.

Very much this.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Neymar gets hurt and is out. Brazil and in particular Fernandinho was virtually committing assault on James Rodriguez. Like many have said the officials in this world cup have been slow to clamp down on bad challenges. All of them have been. Which suggests to me that the officials must have had a directive from the top. Just a thought.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here