Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince - Centre Back

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I saw this mentioned in the Argus now we have TOKO.

Not seen it discussed on here but if we are really trying to save expenditure then could he be the answer alongside Greer / Dunk.

Anyone recall his DS days as a CB ?

Could just work

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Awful idea. It would focus on his worst attributes while wasting his best attributes.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Get 1 new centre back and use him, Dunk, Greer in rotation. Ince is turning to a great midfielder.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Have Toko as the destroyer and let Ince majestically gallop up and down the pitch

Simple.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I thought he was excellent and got better every game in midfield think a mistake to put him at the back, whats chickson doing??

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
His attributes are a bit like Mark Lawrenson and his best position may be a covering central defender. Not a stopper centre half which we still need.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have Toko as the destroyer and let Ince majestically gallop up and down the pitch

Simple.

Been glimpses it could work from those occasional mazey runs he's been on .
Not convinced that could work though.
Ince should of further come on over the summer so be interesting to see.

Just think give ince a couple pre season games cb as good cover whatever happens

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Centre back is where he will end up, he did have some good games in midfield but also some very dodgy ones.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With money so tight and the fact that it appears we are having issues bringing anyone in before our tour abroad next week, the idea of Ince playing centre half is a good one IMO. One less position to search for.

I honestly only expect 2 or 3 to come in tops - I hear rumours from within that money is going to be really tight this season regarding the playing budget. Free's and loans for us I suspect. Expect to see more development squad players being given their chance this season -which isn't a bad thing.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6432947 said:
But he's not a very good centre back, whereas he's a very promising midfielder.

12 years spent at Chelsea as a CB, how bad can he be?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Our current squad is way better than a lot of moaners actually realise.
Let's get an experienced keeper in and a left back before day one.
We can then look to buy a third striker.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Our current squad is way better than a lot of moaners actually realise.
Let's get an experienced keeper in and a left back before day one.
We can then look to buy a third striker.

Currently due to injuries ( to Crofts and Stephens ) , Maksimenko and Goodwin would have to be in our matchday 18.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anybody seen Toko play? It is possible that he may be no better or even as good as Ince and if so neither will replace the other in midfield but compete fof 1 position eithet way keep Ince away from centre back and bring another one in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here