Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Away Kit RIP OFF

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We've just had a 1 season only home shirt and now the new Red & Black away shirt is a one season only deal so looks like we will be changing a shirt every season. When Prem League sides do this all the lickers get on their high horses and say how we wouldn't do such things as Bloom & Barber care about the fans. Well welcome to the corporate world of football and it stinks.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's the way we're all being forced to buy these shirts that gets to me. I told them I didn't want to but they just took the money out of my wallet and threw the shirt at me. Nasty people.

More seriously, I don't really see the issue. Yeah, it's possibly a little bit excessive but unless you want to buy every replica shirt the club release (home and away), you're not likely to notice the increased cost of more kits appearing. After all, the new home kit is a 2 season job, so if you were to only get that one (I'm assuming that's the case for many but I may be wrong) it actually works out quite well.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Woe is me.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it, if you don't like the fact it's only for 12 months then don't buy it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure there have been times in the past when we've changed the home shirt one year and the away shirt the next. I'm assuming that is the pattern we are moving towards now by changing the away shirt again next Summer. Assuming that's the case, then I have no issue with it - it means people have a new shirt to buy every year if they want to.

And those last four words are key, I think. No one is being forced into buying a shirt and if the club are being open and transparent about the longevity of each - and they are - fans can make an informed choice as to what to buy and when.

What I will say is these patterns can become stuffed up when shirt sponsor and kit supplier changes and don't coincide with 'scheduled' changes of kit. Hopefully we have long-term deals with Amex and Nike and this won't be an issue for us for some time to come.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
new supplier so both are bound to change, what would you prefer, both kits for 2 seasons and spending 100 notes on new kits every 2 years or keeping home for 2 years and changing the away next year to get it out of sync with the home shirts meaning after this season its 50 notes a year on new kits?

Anyway if we got promoted this year the home kit would change again as well as I don't believe that the small AMEX logo at the top on the back is allowed under PL rules

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's the way we're all being forced to buy these shirts that gets to me. I told them I didn't want to but they just took the money out of my wallet and threw the shirt at me. Nasty people.

More seriously, I don't really see the issue. Yeah, it's possibly a little bit excessive but unless you want to buy every replica shirt the club release (home and away), you're not likely to notice the increased cost of more kits appearing. After all, the new home kit is a 2 season job, so if you were to only get that one (I'm assuming that's the case for many but I may be wrong) it actually works out quite well.
:thumbsup:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can understand short lifespans for kits can be a pain if you have kids, but even then surely they must know that they can't always get what they want.

Any adult moaning about getting new kits needs to take a step back and reassess themselves!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When Prem League sides do this all the lickers get on their high horses and say how we wouldn't do such things as Bloom & Barber care about the fans.
Could you post some quotes of all the lickers saying that?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Solution- Don't buy shirts, save the money for pies and away days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've just had a 1 season only home shirt and now the new Red & Black away shirt is a one season only deal so looks like we will be changing a shirt every season. When Prem League sides do this all the lickers get on their high horses and say how we wouldn't do such things as Bloom & Barber care about the fans. Well welcome to the corporate world of football and it stinks.

Meh! :shrug:

If nobody bought it, it would be in the bargain bins by January and you could pick one up for £12.99. But with 25K ST there's always going to be easy money to be made due to sheer volume of daft folk (wanted to use the word 'furkers' here, but decided against it) flowing through the club shop.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's parents I feel sorry for as kids want to keep up with the latest shirt. It does give other relatives options for Christmas and birthday presents.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Suspect we are moving to 2 year kits, with either the home or away launched every alternating year. This means a 1 year away kit this year to set up the cycle.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I must admit to being pleasantly surprised when I found out the home kit would be for two seasons. Almost all of the bigger manufacturers seem to change all of their teams' kits every season.

I actually think that the club have done well.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am actually delighted by the new home kit being so similar to the previous one...

My 7 year old will still be perfectly happy with the FREE shirt I picked up for him last month courtesy of the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My 7 year old will still be perfectly happy with the FREE shirt I picked up for him last month courtesy of the club.
Does it fit him? My daughter got one, and it's big enough for my wife to get in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here