greer-020714-l229-1716937_478x359.jpg

Gordon Greer
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
12:22 4th July 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s a great facility and we’re all absolutely delighted to be working here."
Gordon Greer
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion captain Gordon Greer is already planning for his and the club’s future, by passing on his wealth of knowledge and experience to the next generation coming through at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre.The Seagulls skipper is studying for his coaching badges and as part of his development is hoping to work closely with Albion’s academy coaches and players at the new facility.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The new training ground is fantastic! In the early stages they asked if we as the players what we wanted – so we had some input – but it was ultimately up to the people that designed it and they’ve done a fantastic job.
“The fact everything is under one roof makes a big difference for the players and staff. If you need to speak to anyone they’re here. It’s a great facility and we’re all absolutely delighted to be working here.
“It will make such a difference to the younger players. It will take a few years, but with the academy status that the club has got now, we’ll start to see a lot more young players emerging into the first-team.
“I’ve done my coaching badges and really enjoyed it, so hopefully I’ll be able to coach the younger players in the afternoons.
“I am now working towards my Uefa B licence. There’s still a long way to go, and it is hard work, but I am enjoying it and as a result I’ve got even more respect for our coaches now.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Scotland international is also looking forward to working under new manager Sami Hyypia – a fellow defender – and is already anticipating another exciting Championship campaign as the club pushes for a place in the Premier League.“We’ll give everything we’ve got for the new manager. I’m sure he’ll have some fresh ideas, and myself and the rest of the players are really looking forward to working with him.
“He was a fantastic player – being a central defender, personally it’s exciting to be working with one of the best to grace the Premier League in recent years – and I am sure all the players can improve under him.
“Everything is set up behind the scenes for us to aim for the Premier League – but our fans know it’s such a tough league and anyone can take points from anyone from top to bottom.
“It’s an old cliché, but it rings true, this season more than ever: there are no easy games.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here