Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is This The Worst Foul In World Cup History?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I didn't have to look at the video. I knew which one it would be. And it's as astonishing now as it was then.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes, it is.

More an assault than a foul though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My all-time favourite still remains Benjamin Massing's assault on Cannigia in the opening game of the 1990 World Cup between Argentina and Cameroon.

Cannigia on the break, running full pace, rides one tackle then just about hurdles another murderous lunge, but is sent off-balance and is staggering forward desperately trying to keep his feet. Then Massing arrives side-on like a freight train and finishes the job, literally sending Cannigia spinning to the turf, the force of the assault sending Massings own boot flying off in the other direction.

MARVELLOUS

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Worst foul must have been one of the many open assaults perpetrated in black and white by the Argentina 'animals' during the 1966 tournament shirley.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This one by the North Koreans on Eusebio in the 1966 World Cup is my candidate. It was an atrocious tackle in the first place but it prevented what would certainly have been one of the greatest goals ever scored in any World Cup. Seriously, if you think the Cannigia run was special then check out Eusebio's.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
That Headbutt by Boli on Stuart Pearce, England V France 92 (I think) was pretty bad. Imagine that happening now :D Pearce was a legend though and pretty much shrugged it off

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There was the elbow in the face that flattened Spain's Louis Enrique and his nose which I believe was committed by an Italian and there were numerous grave fouls and some corking punches thrown in The Battle of Santiago in 1962.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOtL1m1o_ok

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here