Bridge

Bennett
Noone
Bridcutt
Vicente
Buckley

Murray

That is a quality team!

Hard to argue with that, except the midfield looks a bit lightweight, I'd probably put Croft in there for (it's a close call) Noone. I'd also be tempted to swap Murray out for Ulloa.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Crofts for Noone.

I think Murray put in enough quality performances to still just about be ahead of Ulloa. He performed consistently well for 3 seasons in a row, the stats bear this out.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think Murray put in enough quality performances to still just about be ahead of Ulloa. He performed consistently well for 3 seasons in a row, the stats bear this out.

It is very close, and I wouldn't argue it particularly hard. The only reservation is that those stats were achieved (for us) in the division below, and in a team that was dominating teams, and attacking much more. Ulloa has done it at a higher level, and at times, with precious little being created around him.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'd like to extend it back to the best XI since the the turn of the Milenium 1999/2000 season, and also add what the worst XI for that period is as well.

Best Worst
1. Kuszczak 1. Henderson
2. Watson 2. Gavin Hoyte
3. Bridge 3. James Tunnicliffe
4. Cullip 4. Colin Hawkins
5. Upson 5. David Lee
6. Bridcutt 6. Paul Armstorng
7. Bennett 7. Albert Jarret
8. Vicente 8. Steven Thomson
9. Zamora 9. Dirk Lehmann
10. Ulloa 10. Moheta Molango
11. Noone 11. David Cameron

There are a lot of candiates for forwards in the worst XI

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
For me it would probably be

Kuszczak
Bruno
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bennett
Noone
Bridcutt
Vicente
Buckley

Murray

That is a quality team!

Pretty solid team there! My only change would be Bennett for the Ipswich vintage Abdul Razak (assuming that's allowed).

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Crofts for Noone.

Crofts are you serious? A work horse. My heart sinks when he is in the starting eleven. We have so many better technical players that have better all round games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is very close, and I wouldn't argue it particularly hard. The only reservation is that those stats were achieved (for us) in the division below, and in a team that was dominating teams, and attacking much more. Ulloa has done it at a higher level, and at times, with precious little being created around him.

All true. However Ulloa has already had more poor games than Murray who was rarely under 7/10. Also I would argue Murray created many more goals for others (Barnes) with at times very unselfish play.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Crofts are you serious? A work horse. My heart sinks when he is in the starting eleven. We have so many better technical players that have better all round games.

You need a workhorse in the side, the water-carrier to do the donkey work to allow the more technical players to shine. With each of these players I'm assuming we're taking them "at their best". At his best, Crofts is a very effective, hard-working player.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
You need a workhorse in the side, the water-carrier to do the donkey work to allow the more technical players to shine. With each of these players I'm assuming we're taking them "at their best". At his best, Crofts is a very effective, hard-working player.

I agree. That's bridcutt. Not crofts.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'd like to extend it back to the best XI since the the turn of the Milenium 1999/2000 season, and also add what the worst XI for that period is as well.

Best Worst
1. Kuszczak 1. Henderson
2. Watson 2. Gavin Hoyte
3. Bridge 3. James Tunnicliffe
4. Cullip 4. Colin Hawkins
5. Upson 5. David Lee
6. Bridcutt 6. Paul Armstorng
7. Bennett 7. Albert Jarret
8. Vicente 8. Steven Thomson
9. Zamora 9. Dirk Lehmann
10. Ulloa 10. Moheta Molango
11. Noone 11. David Cameron

There are a lot of candiates for forwards in the worst XI

Serious question. Do you genuinely think Henderson is the worst keeper we've had since 1999/2000? I can come up with a number of worst keepers starting off with Graeme Smith.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree. That's bridcutt. Not crofts.

Perform entirely different jobs. A team with Vicente, Noone, Buckley AND Bennett would be overkill of creative players in my opinion. Would be asking far too much of Bridcutt.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I agree, it is a very close call between the two of them. Although Murray has achieved at a higher level too, both in the Championship, and to a much lesser degree the Premier League as well, albeit with a different club, but also at times with very little help from elsewhere.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Perform entirely different jobs. A team with Vicente, Noone, Buckley AND Bennett would be overkill of creative players in my opinion. Would be asking far too much of Bridcutt.

I'd take Razak or Stephens ahead of crofts. Surely we are not judging players to be worthy of being in the best eleven because they work hard and cover ground. All modern midfielders have to do that. Technically he's not in the best eleven. Passing, shooting, control. I've been dissapointed with him since his return.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I don't see it. But really in the best eleven we had under poyet??

He was outstanding in the games leading up to his injury! Fecking typical we lost him just as he was peaking again! I truly think we would have finished a few places higher if he hadn't got injured.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He was outstanding in the games leading up to his injury! Fecking typical we lost him just as he was peaking again! I truly think we would have finished a few places higher if he hadn't got injured.

Completely agree. Crofts was a disappointment in the first season back but was superb last season before his injury. Find it quite shocking that anyone who saw our games in the first half of last season could not see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here