Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steak house?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
By lancing roundabout, turn right where the playing fields are just after the flyover, not sure what it's called, but the steak was unreal

I went there sunday and it was very good, however it is part of a chain, I had Half a rack of ribs and a steak, very nice but I would say its probably one up from a harvester.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Miller Carter is OK, but not amazing. Had a very average ribeye for £40 or so about a year ago. Coal Shed if local, else Goodmans in London is very consistent

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Au Vieux Castel in Chateaubriant - best steak I've ever had ( bit of a trek though ).
[h=1][/h]

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I went there sunday and it was very good, however it is part of a chain, I had Half a rack of ribs and a steak, very nice but I would say its probably one up from a harvester.

Lol funny you say that.. Carter and miller steakhouse sompting is owned by Mitchell and butlers they own harvester brand, Toby cavery, crown, browns, oneills, the font, pump house brighton, pav tav brighton, cricketers hove, loads others

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any new thoughts on this? Has the Coal Shed got any better? Is Miller & Carter THAT good?

I'm looking for a decent steak in Brighton, but it sounds like options are pretty limited. The best steak I've had in town was in Havana, but I noticed yesterday that's gone!

I was thinking Cote, or Hotel du Vin, but I'm open to any other suggestions nothing too fancy or poncy - just good food.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here