Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zigor Aranalde

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
According to the Argus, our European chief scout is now longer involved with the club ?

The timing seems a little strange, but I guess there aren't that many games to watch this time of year.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I thought this happened quite some time ago?

He left to become an assistant in Spain but came back when he lost that job.
Interesting times, of sorts, in the scouting department. Move to less full time scouts or will someone replace him to head up the overseas part of the job.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Maybe Rodriguez was the last straw
He was just a square peg in a round hole, struggling to make any headway in a team that scored very few, producing very little from midfield..... you could see he had ability, just not going to be able to show it in that setup of Oscars.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Or the cynic - maybe he's been given the shove because he hasn't identified enough players that Burke/Hyppia like

Or maybe he's just not very good

So the guy who reportedly found Ulloa, who is being talked about as a possible £7-10million transfer is not very good at spotting players? yer right.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He was just a square peg in a round hole, struggling to make any headway in a team that scored very few, producing very little from midfield..... you could see he had ability, just not going to be able to show it in that setup of Oscars.
I can't say I saw anything to inspire me. It looked like a short term insurance deal in case we lost any more forwards to injury.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I can't say I saw anything to inspire me. It looked like a short term insurance deal in case we lost any more forwards to injury.

I thought he looked ok, I don't think he got much of a chance due to us signing Lingaard shortly after, they both played in the same position and one (for whatever reasons) started every game

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I thought this guy was the one who found Ulloa

a) I don't think a player who scores 30 goals in the Spanish 2nd division is 'found'. I suspect most Lower Premier League/ Higher Championship clubs were aware of him. Burke has stated that he knew of Ulloa when he was at Southampton.

b) In a video of our scouting process I paused the video when it showed Ulloa's page on the database. I think all the reports had been posted by our Spanish scout (can't remember his name but he's in the Nottingham Forest home program)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here