Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

*** Herr Tubthumper's offizielle Deutschland gegen Frankreich Gewinde ***

0 Not allowed!
    Morgan.

So, the quarter finals and time for The Fatherland to step up a gear. This should be good.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      BBC reported yesterday seven German players are feeling unwell. I still don't know whether it is wise to bet against them.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Morgan.

So, the quarter finals and time for The Fatherland to step up a gear. This should be good.
      3 to 4 gears needed. If they go from 1st to 2nd they will be battered. If they continue to play such a suicidally high line of defence they will be battered.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      3 to 4 gears needed. If they go from 1st to 2nd they will be battered. If they continue to play such a suicidally high line of defence they will be battered.
      Battered? They'll just be "unlucky"
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Battered? They'll just be "unlucky"
      Is it unlucky that 7 of them have been struck down with flu?
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      Is it unlucky that 7 of them have been struck down with flu?
      This is not good. And it is difficult to get accurate news about how serious the issue is as the German camp are keeping reasonably quiet about it. We will see.

0 Not allowed!
      Gonna be a cracking game whatever happens. And Brazil v Colombia. Tonight's games are the bigguns I reckon, not so fussed about tomorrow's.

0 Not allowed!
      Gonna be a cracking game whatever happens. And Brazil v Colombia. Tonight's games are the bigguns I reckon, not so fussed about tomorrow's.
      This. A great evening ahead.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Can I this this too?
      There's a good chance that what I'm about to say will be proved wrong, but:
      Think Holland and Argentina are clear favourites in tomorrow's ties, as to who's going to win tonight, I have no idea at all. I haven't fancied Brazil throughout, and think Colombia have been the best team in the competition, but I thought Chile might just pip Brazil, and they just missed out, so I may well be under-estimating Brazil (but James against a Brazil without Luis Gustavo...). France have really stepped up to the plate too, and they're a real team well organised by Deschamps, but I'm not that convinced by their defence. Germany's defence is a tad suspect too, but both defences have brilliant sweeping goalkeepers behind them. And then there's this mystery flu virus.
      It'll be a joy to watch today's games unfold.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      not been convinced by Germany. after demolition of Portugal they have stepped back it seems.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.