Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Misty n Roots

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Live at the Counter Eurovision - one of the all time great live albums...
Don't get anyone to wake up for you....a classic line from it...I'd like to say 'good evening' or 'good morning'

Wonderful gig at the Suite around '84...30 years, how time flies

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Saw them at Glastonbury in the 80's - wasn't very impressed.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Don't get anyone to wake up for you....a classic line from it...I'd like to say 'good evening' or 'good morning'

Indeed. Saw them in '83 too (I think). Elephant Fayre. Not this time tho.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Totally agree.

Didn't know this lot were still going/re-formed!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Amazingly Misty in Roots once played at the White Rock Theatre here in Hastings. I was about 13 or 14 at the time and a school friend's dad worked at the White Rock and was given a free copy of the Live at The Counter Eurovision album. Luckily my mate wasn't into reggae preferring the likes of New Order/Joy Division so passed the album on to me as a gift :) Saw them later on in life up at The Forum, Kentish Town just after it changed from being the Town & Country Club I think. I also have their album... Musi -O-Tunya ...on vinyl too. That era was a golden one for UK roots groups before Aswad went commercial and with the likes of Steel Pulse and Black Roots around too.

Jan 30, 2008
amazingly misty in roots once played at the white rock theatre here in hastings. I was about 13 or 14 at the time and a school friend's dad worked at the white rock and was given a free copy of the live at the counter eurovision album. Luckily my mate wasn't into reggae preferring the likes of new order/joy division so passed the album on to me as a gift :) saw them later on in life up at the forum, kentish town just after it changed from being the town & country club i think. I also have their album... Musi -o-tunya ...on vinyl too. That era was a golden one for uk roots groups before aswad went commercial and with the likes of steel pulse and black roots around too.
Dillinger , Black ahuru ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here