Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee's

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
How many Loan players are we allowed to take ? IMO i think that is the way we will go forward with a relatively small core squad, Rather than splash out on experienced players i believe we will get quite a few loans and use development squad to compliment. Where i do see us buying players will be those that are young and can be developed. This will mean a high turnover of players something akin to the Micky Adams days

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
How many Loan players are we allowed to take ? IMO i think that is the way we will go forward with a relatively small core squad, Rather than splash out on experienced players i believe we will get quite a few loans and use development squad to compliment. Where i do see us buying players will be those that are young and can be developed. This will mean a high turnover of players something akin to the Micky Adams days

Well that's something to look forward to then......NOT.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think some well picked season long loans can work well (Ward, Bridge, McShane...). I've never been a fan of the 'emergency' loan system though. Short term loanees rarely care about the club as all they really want to do is prove their form/fitness for their parent club.

n0-sIs

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
I've always disagreed with loans - start a season with players under contract -who work for the club - and if some get injured or poor form - get the youth in or buy someone in january.

Loans have increased "the mercenary" player that is a parasite in the nations game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here