Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relatives over from Canada - Things to do?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
They've been over a few times before, so have done your trips to London, tours round Brighton, the pier, etc.
Not much has changed since their last visit (4-5 years ago), apart from our beautiful stadium, which of course they'll be shown.
So we are struggling to think of things for them to do. I'm fully aware there's probably lots, but need help.
Money is not much of an option, but need to try and keep travel down. Cheers x

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Arundel, Castle, Antiques, Lake\river pubs and cafes.... very traditionally british

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A few bits to do round my way I can recommend. If they have not been, hop on a train to Hampton Court, the Palace is good but a walk down the Thames, a boat trip into Kingston, lunch by the river in one of the pubs or restaurants, back to see Bushy Park. It's a boring place to live, believe me, but a great day out.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Take Them into London, theres a place called The Poutinery for the finest poutine in London. Theres also a Tim Hortons (no drive thru though) and a Cinnabon. They'll feel right at home :D

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
A long leisurely lunch at somewhere like the Griffin at Fletching or Jolly Sportsman at East Chiltington maybe? The English Wine Centre at Alfriston has a nice little courtyard area as well and is also good for lunch, and you can introduce your family to some decent local wines. Or the Ram at Firle, followed by a stroll around the village?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I assume they've been inside the Pavilion?

How about a trip to Rye, some good pubs/restaurants and on to Camber Sands for a sandy dip.

Sheffield Park might be good for them, excellent gardens and of course a ride on a steam train.

Newhaven Fort. The Canadians were based there for the Dieppe Raid... the Canadian flag even flies outside!

http://www.newhavenfort.org.uk/dieppe_raid.htm

...oh and Mrs Stebson is the manager there.

Ah yes, after a night match I got off the train at Newhaven and took the time to read the memorial, not at the fort, but opp bus stop near swimming pool. it was certainly an eye opener regarding the Canadians that gave their lives.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Keep confusing them for Americans.

Canadians love it when you do that.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Chill....it's their holiday not yours. If they have come all this way with no plans then that's there problem. Go to work and leave them to it.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Hollycombe steam museum Liphook 40 miles,steam funfair,rails,road and farm machinery plus beautiful grounds.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Jurassic coast in Dorset is particularly lovely at this time of year.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes come to Rye and visit my antique shop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here