Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Universe Theories - one to ten...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
One of these is worthy of comment and one of a real hard philosophical think (over a pint of course)...

1. Great glaciation.
Among the basic principles of science is "Conservation of Energy"... it is not "used up" it merely changes from one form of energy to another. You pick up an object, you are converting Chemical Energy to Kinetic Energy to Potential Energy and given you don't do this very efficiently, you will generate a little Heat and maybe a few Sound Waves. But what you haven't done is used anything up!.

2. Solipsism.
Now, this I can get my head around. Nothing is real only your imagination. Spend too long thinking about this one and you can tie yourself in mental knots about the Why/How/Where questions.

The rest of the article is just padding!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I believe I have to download the guide that shows me the 4 ways to avoid running out of money during retirement.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As soon as I saw on the link the site was titled "themindunleashed" I wrote it off as the inevitable piece of crap it surely is.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I got as far as this truth-bomb:

Great glaciation is the theory of the final state that our universe is heading toward. The universe has a limited supply of energy. According to this theory, when that energy finally runs out, the universe will devolve into a frozen state.

...and stopped reading.

Where to start? How about the fact that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That's basic schoolboy science, that is. And the idea of the universe devolving to a frozen state. Most of the universe is believed to be only a few degrees above absolute zero as it is. Does anyone really believe glaciation of the universe?

Anyone else suspect that the OP is one of the resident tinfoil-hatters under a second account?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I got as far as this truth-bomb:

...and stopped reading.

Where to start? How about the fact that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That's basic schoolboy science, that is. And the idea of the universe devolving to a frozen state. Most of the universe is believed to be only a few degrees above absolute zero as it is. Does anyone really believe glaciation of the universe?

Anyone else suspect that the OP is one of the resident tinfoil-hatters under a second account?

Didn't Hybrid X get banned recently for his escalating anti-semitism? I'm going with him judging by the join date.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Here is one of the OP's first posts:

For anyone curious about the root of Aids, look into some of these facts....

In 1979 the first cases were found in Manhattan amongst healthy gay white men. This was said officially by Government Epidemiologists to have come from the African Green Monkey, but at this time not one case of HIV had been found in Africa.

Conveniently lost in the history of HIV is the gay Hepatitis-B vaccine experiment that immediately preceded the decimation of gay Americans. Over a thousand were vaccinated at the New York Blood Centre in Manhattan during the period November 1978 to October 1979. Similar vaccinations were conducted in 1980 at San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, St. Louis, and Chicago.

HIV was first found in Africans in the early 80's after a smallpox vaccine program sponsored by the World Health Organisation.

I know not about the patent, but I do know somoone who cured HIV with a super strict Raw-Organic-Alkaline Diet, some Frog poison sessions, and fasting.

Hybrid X for sure.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Or was it predetermined that the ten minutes was already spent? ... but in another universe you spent the ten minutes with a harem of supermodels. So was it really 10 minutes wasted?

That seems very nice but, to build up to it, can you point me to the universe where Smith scored?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Reported it. I'm certain it's Hybrid X who was banned for Anti Semitism and holocaust denial. Personally, if it is him he ought to be ashamed of himself. Not only should one take a banning on the chin rather than try and sneak back in but considering what he was banned for I find it very distasteful.

If it's not, the OP is still a CT nutjob who will inevitably crank up his posts until he gets into a frenzied binfest about chem trails or Jews and take over perectly decent threads. I really wish the mods would take a tougher stance on these trolling buffoons. There are plenty of CT sites they can bleat on until their heart's content. Come on mods, nip it in the bud please.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Reported it. I'm certain it's Hybrid X who was banned for Anti Semitism and holocaust denial. Personally, if it is him he ought to be ashamed of himself. Not only should one take a banning on the chin rather than try and sneak back in but considering what he was banned for I find it very distasteful.

If it's not, the OP is still a CT nutjob who will inevitably crank up his posts until he gets into a frenzied binfest about chem trails or Jews and take over perectly decent threads. I really wish the mods would take a tougher stance on these trolling buffoons. There are plenty of CT sites they can bleat on until their heart's content. Come on mods, nip it in the bud please.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for keeping riff-raff out, but I'm not sure that thinking about the various possible forms of our universe/existence/whatever should be considered conspiracy theorist trolling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here